Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Totaly Bricked iPhone!!!

Default Totaly Bricked iPhone!!!
    I searched threads but cannot find a thread about a phone that does nothing and i mean nothing. It is a black screen. No buttons do anything. Itunes and my computer do not recognize it. It is completely bricked. I tried to jb my phone yesterday using WinPwn. About halfway through the phone locked up. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If the phone is completely unresponsive then I don't know what to tell you. It should still be under warranty and if Apple can't get it to boot then you should be able to have it swapped out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

gcontr1 (2008-06-19)

"IF apple can't ..."

Is your battery charged???

;-)

Thanks

Something could have gone wrong with the bootloader downgrade. If it did, your screwed., put shortly.

Thanks !!, Worked very well for me,

Gregorio

Yeah Apple takes these phones back all the time. If anything goes wrong during the restore/upgrade process, your phone is legitimately bricked. So just say your phone was lagging so you restored and then your power flickered so you iPhone was messed up midway through the restore. Don't mention anything about jailbreaking etc. and you should be walking out of the Apple store with a new iPhone in no time...

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Yeah Apple takes these phones back all the time. If anything goes wrong during the restore/upgrade process, your phone is legitimately bricked. So just say your phone was lagging so you restored and then your power flickered so you iPhone was messed up midway through the restore. Don't mention anything about jailbreaking etc. and you should be walking out of the Apple store with a new iPhone in no time...
    true, lol, my first jailbreak at 1.0.1 caused my phone to continuously restart, so i took it to apple, told them i was syncing my iphone and this happened (truely i was syncing, just not the way apple intended, rofl) so they just swapped sim's, gave me new iphone, sign paper and walk out happily =]