Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone DISC SPACE ISSUE CAN ANYONE HELP HOW TO MOVE DISC SPACE AROUND

Default iPhone DISC SPACE ISSUE CAN ANYONE HELP HOW TO MOVE DISC SPACE AROUND
    HI IM JUST WONDERING I HAVE A 8G IPHONE AND HAVE A FAIR AMMOUNT OF APPS RUNNING BUT VERY LITTLE MUSIC OR VIDEOS PLENTY OF DISC SPACE LEFT BUT EVERY TIME I DOWNLOAD A NEW APP IM GETTING WARNING RUNNING OUTTTA SPACE MASSAGE SO I CHECKED IT OUT AND REALIZED IF I GO INTO BOSS PREFERNECES AND CHECK MY SPACE IT IS DEVIDED INTO 2 SECTIONS AND THE FIRST IT SAYS 21MB FREE OF 300MB ON /5776 MB FREE OF 7440 MB ON/VAR SO WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW THE HELL DO I ADD MORE AVAILABLE DISC SPACE TO THE FIRST PART IM KINDA AT A LOST I DONT SEE ANYWHERE THAT I CAN GET INTO THE COMMANDS THE CHANGE DISC SPACE CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT PLEASE THANKS SO MUCH

[email protected]
    download boss tool tap on it and then go into the 1st option i dont remember and click move ringtones>move apps>and there will be a third option and then ur problem will be solved . . ..

Alternatively you can Putty

cp -Rp /Library/Ringtones /private/var/mobile/Library/
    mv /Library/Ringtones /Library/Ringtones.old
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/Ringtones /Library/Ringtones
    rm -rf /Library/Ringtones.old

That'll relocate the Ringtones.

cp -Rp /System/Library/Fonts /private/var/mobile/Library/
    mv /System/Library/Fonts /System/Library/Fonts.old
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/Fonts /System/Library/Fonts
    rm -rf /System/Library/Fonts.old

That'll relocate the Fonts and free up much space on the small partition.

cp -Rp /Applications /private/var/mobile/
    mv /Applications /Applications.old
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Applications /Applications
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Applications /private/var/root/
    rm -rf /Applications.old

That'll relocate the Applications and symlink both possible places it could be looked for at."

Ok awesome thanks so much but is there anyone who has actually used the boss tools and moved the fonts and ring tones is there any bugs or isssues or does all work just fine im using 1.1.4 8 gig iphone thanks for youe help

[email protected]
    it just works fine i have used it about 4 to 5 times without any issue i would recommend using boss tool...

ok il try it out thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why not just install Cybdia?? it's easier and opens you up to new Applications.

whats cybdia do does that also free up disc space ??

ok i was checking it out but i think il stick to boss tools it sounds awhole lot less scary lol i get a little nervouse when anything starts playing around with the bsd subsystem
    Last edited by JERSEYJOHN67; 2008-06-17 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYJOHN67 View Post
    whats cybdia do does that also free up disc space ??

ok i was checking it out but i think il stick to boss tools it sounds awhole lot less scary lol i get a little nervouse when anything starts playing around with the bsd subsystem
    Yes it does and eliminates the need for BSD Subsystem.Plus bosstool only frees up about 300MB of disk space which is not much. I have over 390MB Games and Applications on my iPhone and still have room for more stuff.