Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep old iPhone or sell right now?

Default Keep old iPhone or sell right now?
    I own the current iPhone v. 1.4.4. Is the iphone 3G really all its made to be? Should I keep my iPhone and wait for the 2.0 software upgrade or sell right now on ebay to buy the 3G iphone when it comes out?
    AppleiPhone2.info - Watch videos of the 3G iphone in action!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

its up to you. Im sticking with 1.1.4 for now its got all the apps i want(except customize1.2 ) and you can unlock if you feel the need
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yea im gonna be sticking with mine as well. i dont care if they unlock and jailbreak the new one.. seems like too much of a hassle just to have a new iphone. im good with my 1st gen
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

im good with mine too...never had more fun in a mobile phone before from themes to applications and games and of course the customized artworks and keyboards....it is a fully customizable phone!...i love it!...

Thanks

Me too, I don't even use my data plan that much anyway, with WIFI at home and work, what's the point, i like it the way it is.

Default Keeping old iphone
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. It would be a hassle to change phones, and the old iphone is just perferct in my opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

im keeping my 16gb as well , heck i bought another 8gb for $200 on craigslist

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll be keeping mine as well. Sentimental value.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

Yep, keeping mine too. Too much other devices invested, might not work with new iphone.

Default keeping it
    I agree, too much hassle to switch phones, plus the current iphone has almost everything that I need from a phone right now. If I get greedy, something wrong will happen. Plus, who wants to sign another 2-year contract with AT&T???

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I am keeping my 1st gen also. It seems the only thing that you will not have are 3G and GPS. From what i have read the cpu is the same speed and the ram is the same amount. I would upgrade if it had a faster cpu and more ram. I think the whole reason was to limit the phone to contracts to keep people from unlocking and AT&T losing money.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-06-20 at 07:28 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm waiting until next year when they have a newer iphone which features it's currently missing, faster cpu, ram, etc.; mms, video....copy/paste,..the usualy iphone complaints oh and bluetooth transferring!

already sold mine had an 8gb and can't wait for the new 3g 16gb.

donate it to me, lol, j/k

Yup Keeping Both Mine To Many Apps And I Wouldnt Trust Apple As Far As I Could Through Them Im Sure They Got Something Added Into That New Phone To Try And Screw Up The Iphone As Soon As The Hack is Put Into It We Already Know They Where Willing To Let The Phone Be Destroyed If It Was Haced The First Time But Thanks To The Dev Team And Ziphone And iliberty We Can Put Ihumpty Right Back Toghter Again But I Do Like The Idea Of The Remote Swipe Im Hoping Il Be Able To Do That With The New 2.0 If I Decide To Upgrade And Its Ever Lost Or Stolen And One More Thing Ive Been Asking For Cause Im Tired Of Hearing My Daughter Whine About It Someone Needs To Write A Program To Add A Signature Into The Sms Features Other Phones Have That And Kids Love To Use It Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Stick to your iPhone 1rst gen and upgrade to 2.0 FW.
    The new phone is targeted to lure new iPhone customers.

In the USA, unless you are a legit AT&T iPhone customer, there is no advantage in switching to iPhone 3G.

The biggest gain in the new iPhone is 3G data. A-GPS, a better battery, etc don't merit the extra expense.

If you are not in AT&T, your carrier would need to support 3G in 850, 1900, 2100 MHz.
    T-Mobile USA does not (1700 and 2100 MHz).
    Most other small GSM operators that own their network, do not have plans or the money to upgrade to 3G.

man.... I sold mine 4gb on ebay for around $400 and sticking foth my old one razer now. Its killing me. I MISS MY IPHONE. Can't wait till I get new 3g... Don't do same mistake I did. :'(
    HAVE لάŁŗăķĕđ М☼ΔεΔ 3,