Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes not accepting phone?

Default iTunes not accepting phone?
    So I had used iLiberty+ to jailbreak, activate, unlock to my iPhone. It currently does not have a SIM card inside it so iTunes would always tell me that there was no SIM card installed and it still showed the iPhone, allowing me to sync music. Now it doesn't seem to show up in iTunes when ever it's plugged in. The computer detects it and charges fine. Perhaps it won't show the Phone again til I insert a sim card?

Ok, iTunes isn't recognizing my iPod touch either...
    Last edited by agentdax5; 2008-06-17 at 06:01 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agentdax5 View Post
    So I had used iLiberty+ to jailbreak, activate, unlock to my iPhone. It currently does not have a SIM card inside it so iTunes would always tell me that there was no SIM card installed and it still showed the iPhone, allowing me to sync music. Now it doesn't seem to show up in iTunes when ever it's plugged in. The computer detects it and charges fine. Perhaps it won't show the Phone again till I insert a sim card?

Personally I have been reading all these forums and the commonality is Liberty+.
    I have used ZiPhone for about 1 year now from 1.0.2 to the present 1.1.4.
    I never had ANY issue but have read all the people who complained that iPhone does this and it does that and blah, blah, blah.
    NEVER a problem.

Well I decided to take what I had been reading to heart and jailbreak, unlock, and activate via Liberty+...

Guess what I have to choose to sync manually when I plug in my phone...

NEVER had to do this before.
    So it is my position that all the whiners that complain that ZiPhone dose this and it does that can complain all they want.
    I have had nothing but issues when using anything else.

Back to ZiPhone I go and I would recommend anyone else who wants there phone to work right do the same.

Maybe its because the guy who created ZiPhone is from Italy who knows but there is a lot of whining going on about nothing!

There was a poll taken at Apple iPhone School and these were the results:

- What is your preferred method of Jailbreaking version 1.1.4? Below are the results based on when we added the poll one week ago.

* iLiberty (2%, 31 Votes)
    * iLiberty+ (18%, 357 Votes)
    * iNdependence (1%, 12 Votes)
    * iPlus (4%, 73 Votes)
    * WinPwn/Pwnage (15%, 300 Votes)
    * ZiPhone (60%, 1,166 Votes)
    * iDemocracy (0%, 9 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,948

60% 60% prefer ZiPhone I must add my vote to ZiPhone as well since I have tried a few others and well I just dont know if I will wait until the 2.0 release or just restore and use ZiPhone now so that I can sync automatically.

I never had any: BT, WiFi, or radio issues using ZiPhone.
    I can say that my signal strength "looks"stronger but it only looks it.
    I have not had stronger signal in respect to using the phone = calls

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Have you tried to re-boot your computer? I'm sure it has something to do with the AppleMobileDevice service not recognizing the phone.

n0m0n - Just because ziphone is the most widely used (mainly due to publicity and ease of use) doesn't mean it's the best or safest. "Your phone has been Ziphoned" is a common phrase I hear these days. I've never heard "Your phone has been iLiberty'ed... or iDemocrocy'ed" LOL. Do some reading and understand how Ziphone stuffs all the process into the RAM disk and can cause file corruption (grey'ed wifi) and sec zone corruption.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    ZiPhone stuffs all the process into the RAM disk and can cause file corruption (grey'ed wifi) and sec zone corruption.
    I have read a bit on this...
    But I have never experienced the grayed out WiFi, and well I restored this time via Liberty+ and have issues.
    When I used ZiPhone I did not.
    Question though: I have a OTB (this one) 1.1.3, from all that I have read how do I determine what the BB should be, or was???

I dont know how to tell what it was before so that I can't determine if it changed or not.

Second: I am aware that ZiPhone uses the ramdisk to do its thing, but since I restored and used Liberty+ it is my understanding that ZiPhone process have been undone when I restored.
    This be true???

In closing I have rebooted my system and still when I plug in my phone iTunes does not automatically syn as it used to when i used ZiPhone...
    Any direction to the above?

Thanks

Thanks

n0mon, Ziphone came out around February/March. So it can't be one year. lol
    are all your boxes in iTunes checked?
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-07-04 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    n0mon, Ziphone came out around February/March. So it can't be one year. lol
    are all your boxes in iTunes checked?
    About I don't have the exact date, and time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Personally I have been reading all these forums and the commonality is Liberty+.
    I have used ZiPhone for about 1 year now from 1.0.2 to the present 1.1.4.
    I never had ANY issue but have read all the people who complained that iPhone does this and it does that and blah, blah, blah.
    NEVER a problem.

Well I decided to take what I had been reading to heart and jailbreak, unlock, and activate via Liberty+...

Guess what I have to choose to sync manually when I plug in my phone...

NEVER had to do this before.
    So it is my position that all the whiners that complain that ZiPhone dose this and it does that can complain all they want.
    I have had nothing but issues when using anything else.

Back to ZiPhone I go and I would recommend anyone else who wants there phone to work right do the same.

Maybe its because the guy who created ZiPhone is from Italy who knows but there is a lot of whining going on about nothing!

There was a poll taken at Apple iPhone School and these were the results:

- What is your preferred method of Jailbreaking version 1.1.4? Below are the results based on when we added the poll one week ago.

* iLiberty (2%, 31 Votes)
    * iLiberty+ (18%, 357 Votes)
    * iNdependence (1%, 12 Votes)
    * iPlus (4%, 73 Votes)
    * WinPwn/Pwnage (15%, 300 Votes)
    * ZiPhone (60%, 1,166 Votes)
    * iDemocracy (0%, 9 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,948

60% 60% prefer ZiPhone I must add my vote to ZiPhone as well since I have tried a few others and well I just dont know if I will wait until the 2.0 release or just restore and use ZiPhone now so that I can sync automatically.

I never had any: BT, WiFi, or radio issues using ZiPhone.
    I can say that my signal strength "looks"stronger but it only looks it.
    I have not had stronger signal in respect to using the phone = calls

Thanks
    Here we go.
    ZiPhone wasn't out a year ago, and it wasn't out on 1.0.2 either.
    Jesus, its FACTS it has a much higher risk of wifi/bt/edge problems.
    Period.
    60% of people don't know its problems then.

Quote Originally Posted by agentdax5 View Post
    So I had used iLiberty+ to jailbreak, activate, unlock to my iPhone.

Had similar prob after uping to 10.5.2. fixed disk permissions and rebooted. It went away.
    http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/sigs/801120092.png

Life's short so have a blast. Give God a good laugh, tell him YOUR big plan.