Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A couple quick questions on iPhone 3G

Default A couple quick questions on iPhone 3G
    I'm definitely looking to buy one when they come out (I had an original and eventually sold it when I moved in to a 3G area) but my current contract is no where near up. I'm assuming the $200 price point will just extend my contract 2 years from the date I activate it (so if I activate it on 7-11-08, it'd be up on 7-11-10) or does it add two years to my existing contract (existing contract expires on 6-30-09, so would it extend it to 6-30-11)?

And then, I received the $100 store credit to any apple store/apple online site. The closest Apple store to where I am now is most definitely 97 miles away. I'd like to be able to use that $100 store credit on the iPhone 3G, and I'm guessing the much closer AT&T stores would laugh at me if I tried using it there. If I want to get an iPhone 3G with that credit I'd probably have to drive to an Apple retail store, wouldn't I? Apple online store isn't carrying these at all?

Thank you for any responses.

Thanks

It will extend your contract not add 2 years to it. As for the credit, supposedly the phone will not be sold in Apple stores and if they did Apple could always say the store credit does not apply to the iPhone.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

from what i have heard is that your contract does not extend but renews for a full two years. apple stores will have the phone with activation kiosks in them. my girlfriends contract is no where near up and they said that they will give us the 200 dollar price. keep checking in with them because they do not have all the info yet
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

yea you would have to go to apple to use the credit, and they won't sell online, also it will add two years on to your current contract

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

it doesnt add two years but renews the current two year contract.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon