Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Synching phots *FROM* iPhone to Windows??~!

Default Synching phots *FROM* iPhone to Windows??~!
    Alright I have been runing my iphone (1.1.4 jailbroken) for about a month now no problems everything going great.

The problem I found now is how do I synch pcitures from my camera roll to my PC?

I found a folder in my pictures called "iPod Photo Cache" where all the files are in .thmb formate. Are these the photos that can be found on my phone under camera roll?

If not how do I take the photo taken on my iphone and synch them to my PC? iTunes is only giving me the option of putting pictures on my iPhone but not the reverse.

Thanks a lot much

X

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

im pretty sure when you sync it goes both ways whtever is new on you phone goes to pc, and wht ever is new in that pic folder goes to phone.lol i think..
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

SSH into your phone, Access the Camera Roll folder I think it's called "DCIM" or something like that OR you can send them to yourself thru E-mail one by one which I did.

as mentioned above

go to:
    private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/

there may be a few folders or just one depending on ur phone
    just copy the folder and u should be god to go

also i know everytime i plug my iphone into the computer i get a prompt asking if i want to sync my photos (only from camera roll)
    if urs dosent, try going to start>my computer>mobile device
    my phone also shows up there and all i had to do is double click and sync camera roll....hope this helps and works for you