Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Keyboard spelling it's like its, can't change it

  1. #1
    Default Keyboard spelling it's like its, can't change it
    I searched as best I could to find an answer, but some threads are labeled so tupidly I couldn't search through them all. My phone is on 1.1.2 FW and I've reset my keyboard multiple times, and I've spelled it's repeatedly like normal. Awhile back I hit the x for no autocorrect and it went away permanently. No matter what I do, restore as new phone, replace with stock keyboards files, spell it out, nothing fixes it. It refuses to spell it's correctly. I know it may seem stupid, but it can be a huge pain in the *** whne something doesn't work like you want. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    Iv read this twice now and have no idea wht you are talking about. There is something you can download on installer to turn auto correct off. Other than that rephrase or word your question better
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  3. #3
    When I type the word "it's" it doesn't add the apostrophe. The phone spells it out like "its". I've tried to replace the dictionary, reset it in the settings menu and it still doesn't spell it right. I have manually spelled "it's" out correctly. I hit the x on autocorrect one time only when it offered to spell it out and since then I've not been able to get it to recognize the correct spelling. Sounds stupid possiblt, but it drives me crazy for something that is boasted about by Apple. The dictionary does not recognize the way I spell "it's" no matter what I do.

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Just use 'its', no one expects apostrophes in sms messages anyway
    To live, you have to lie

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Just use 'its', no one expects apostrophes in sms messages anyway
    hehe Loved it! At the same time I can understand OP's pain..sometimes these little things bug a lot...when you really want to make it work perfectly and you fail to do so.

    OP, you want to move to 1.1.4? That might solve this issue.

  6. #6
    I was thinking about going to 1.1.4 but I really like having a five icon dock without using Kate or anything else. Plus I'm kinda leery of winpwn, and the only real reason I'd go to 1.1.4 is for the ability to change the boot logosHave you guys experienced and issues with it in Vista? And am I incorrect in thinking Customize 2.0 is limited more in 1.1.4 than 1.1.2? A little bird told me icon reordering is out, and I already have alot of my icons renamed and not really a big fan of starting that over again.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 2008-06-21 at 06:22 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I was thinking about going to 1.1.4 but I really like having a five icon dock without using Kate or anything else. Plus I'm kinda leery of winpwn, and the only real reason I'd go to 1.1.4 is for the ability to change the boot logosHave you guys experienced and issues with it in Vista? And am I incorrect in thinking Customize 2.0 is limited more in 1.1.4 than 1.1.2? A little bird told me icon reordering is out, and I already have alot of my icons renamed and not really a big fan of starting that over again.
    Unfortunately I never had 1.1.2 on my iPhone so I guess I can't really give any suggestions for a potential fix. I know its a pain to redo the whole configuration per your current scheme. I guess its ur call

  8. #8
    Well about an hour ago I managed somehow to let it slip outta my hand and bounce off the front of a coke machine hit a conrete floor and tumble three times here at work. I'm a moron. The home button has decided to be iffy on me ever since, so far it's doing okay. I hope I haven't busticated it, or I'll be looking on ebay for a 16gig. Damn I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Well about an hour ago I managed somehow to let it slip outta my hand and bounce off the front of a coke machine hit a conrete floor and tumble three times here at work. I'm a moron. The home button has decided to be iffy on me ever since, so far it's doing okay. I hope I haven't busticated it, or I'll be looking on ebay for a 16gig. Damn I'm an idiot.
    Shoot! I am sorry man That musta hurt

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •