Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Headphone Mod

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Headphone Mod
    Not my original idea ( http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/05/d.../2#commentform ), but I gave it a shot. Before you all go saying, ""you could buy an Iphone, but couldn't afford new phones" I am in Moscow, Russia and there are none available that I could find. So I went out and got the Sennheiser CX300 phones, highly rated. Cut the phones off the iphone wire and soldered the Sennheisers on. Super sound and the damn things will stay in my ears now!

Tips: do as they say in the video, open the apple phones and unsolder from them. You will save yourself pain as the wires in the cord are of the varnish coated varity and tough to solder.

The cx300's open rather easily with some patience, remove the metal ring, use a sharp exacto type knife and carefully work your way along the barely visible seam. After the mod, I painted the wires with some of the GF's clear nail polish to insulate and (test first!!!) a very small drop of cyanoacrylate glue to put em back together again. (small just in case you need to open again. Reinstall the metal rings and voila!

Sorry about the pic quality, on my desk at work with the iphone, but you get the idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.jpg  

I have earlier made a post about this mod:-
    http://www.vinodlive.com/2007/10/04/...k-with-iphone/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You misread. I didn't just trim down the plug. I changed the ear pieces. Thus retaining the microphone/switch and getting better sound and more comfortable ears