Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm pretty much screwed on my iPhone, Help please

Default I'm pretty much screwed on my iPhone, Help please
    Bad Friday the 13th

My friend had a iphone that he stopped using for another phone so he gave it to me.

I don't have AT&T account or w/e nore do i really want one

I was having hopes for using it as a iPod video and adding a few applications to make it more fun, and maybe unlock it and use it with T-Mobile, No biggie right?

Here are the problems
    1) The phone is stuck on the apple screen when turned on{Which can be easily fixed[?] by restoring it with iTunes or something

2)The Sim card tray is missing so i can NOT insert a sim card

3)iTunes will not accept the iPhone without a sim card

So i'm stuck in a big loop, i need to restore the iPhone with itunes in order to fix the stuck on the apple logo problem, but in order to get the iTunes to accept the iPhone i need a sim card..Which i don't have and even if i did, i need to tray to put it in the iPhone

Is there anytype of application on the net or something that can restore my iPhone just like itunes would?
    Is there any other solution to my problem? Please help and I look forward to posting more around here.

Thanks

Hold down top and home buttons until you see connect to itunes screen. Then restore.
    Then get a new SIM card tray, many places to order it online for cheap.

The hold top+Home button thing isnt working, all it is doing is resetting the iphone and it goes right back to this darn apple logo

And i was planning on buying a new sim card tray online

Quote Originally Posted by MiiPhone View Post
    The hold top+Home button thing isnt working, all it is doing is resetting the iphone and it goes right back to this darn apple logo

And i was planning on buying a new sim card tray online
    Put into DFU Mode and Restore:
    1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding both buttons down)
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Restore to 1.1.4 and jailbreak with iliberty+

Well i have no sim card and itunes won't even let my iphone pop up intill i have a sim card, so could i do all the DFU stuff without the sim card?

You can use ziphone to put the phone into restore mode and then all you have to do is activate and jailbrake withe the pwnage tool to use as an ipod touch. You can use ziphone to jailbrake and activate if you want but i personally like pwnage