Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes problem

Default iTunes problem
    My iphone wont connect with itunes. Is there a way to correct this problem? It says "This iPhone cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device Service is not started". Any help on this?

try turning our computer then before turning it on plug in your iPhone, then turn on and everything should go as normal.

if that doesn't work, then just put it in DFU mode (by holding the power and home button, then when it shows the apple logo, let go of the power button, and continue to hold the home button). thissould help it detect it.

thank me if this helps you.

Just a simple reboot of your computer should fix the issue. You can also try using another USB port.

It's still a not working . I've restarted my computer/phone alot and tried all my usb ports. Are they're any other possible fixes? The phone still takes charge but the same notifier pops up. Are there another ways to get music/vids on my phone??

ok i tried to dfu but an error (1604) popped up.. now i cant use my phone??
    Last edited by michael88; 2008-06-14 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

bummer. I think you should maybe try someone elses computer for the restore, then when it's normal again, try unlocking it on your computer and then putting music and such on it. if the unlocker detects your phone, it should work with iTunes as well.
    Last edited by kilroy007; 2008-06-15 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo