Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I got a simple question....????....????

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default I got a simple question....????....????
    ok well first of all I got a 16gb iPhone on 1.1.4 firmware that I unlocked and jailbroke with iliberty+. I'm currently using my iPhone with T-Mobile And I do not have a data plan for Internet.

Now when im not using wifi with my iphone I get this E symbol where the wifi signal/symbol would be. Does this E symbol mean Edge? Does that mean I'm getting charges for Internet? I don't get Internet without wifi... So what does the E symbol mean exactly?.....

E means Edge. I would contact T-Mobile and see whats up...

yes E means edge !!your not using wifi so your most likely using pay per use witch is quit expensive so be carefull.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercyberjedi View Post
    yes E means edge !!your not using wifi so your most likely using pay per use witch is quit expensive so be carefull.
    Oh no!..I don't have internet when im not using wifi. And when I turn off my wifi, and try to use safari when I have the "E" symbol thing on. I just get one of those 505 internal error,etc...in other words I just don't get internet.

I guess I'm not getting charged for Edge..since I don't get internet when I don't use wifi. But why would the "E" symbol be their still...??? Or is that normal??..

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

The E is always there if you have service and are on Edge, hence the "E"
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

download bosstool or services.app and turn off edge, and make sure wi-fi is on. you could also call tmobile and ask them to turn off edge (data) on your phone plan.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lifesmymachine For This Useful Post:

Xettexl (2008-06-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well yeah I downloaded that services app. and I go and turn my edge off. But after I exit the application my Edge just turns back on and I still get the E symbol. But when I'm not on wifi and I'm on Edge I do not getting internet access...does that mean even though I got Edge on Im not getting charged for it since I don't got internet access???...

Because I only get internet access with wifi and not when I got Edge...

Also is it normal to have the E symbol even though you unlocked your iphone??

It is just saying that you do get edge coverage here. But if you do not get internet then you are not getting charged.