Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: People who sold their old iPhone to wait for the 3G version.

Default People who sold their old iPhone to wait for the 3G version.
    I sold 2 iPhones last week for 350 dollars each so that when the 3g comes out i just buy it with the money that i sold my old ones for. This should mean that im not losing money because the new one is selling for 199 dollars. So basically i am profiting 150 dollars, and im UPGRADING. Plus, if you keep your old one, then when the new one comes out, the old one will not be worth anything higher than 150 dollars. Basically you get screwed if you keep the old one. I dont know something doesnt seem right here..has anyone else done this..any information on whats gonna happen?
    iPhone 8G
    1.1.4 Unlocked on Rogers (ZiPhone)
    Jailbroken
    Windows XP + Mac OS X Leopard

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

you got lucky, they might not have announced it and you would have been screwed

I almost did the same thing, but i held out.
    I had it on craigslist right before the wwdc, i have 20+ emails a day and good offers.
    after the wwdc and price annoucement: 0 EMAILS.
    its funny but your right, the old phones arent worth anything anymore.
    you lucked out at 350 each!

Actually, the first gen iPhone is still going to have a good resell value because you are going to be forced to sign a contract and activate in store. So, people that want an iPhone to use on a different network then they are kinda forced into the gen 1 still. Still to this day first gen phones are going for over $400 on eBay even with the anouncement of the 3G.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Ludicrous. Right now they are still worth bank. It will take quite a while for the market to saturate with the new versions, so until the unlockers can get their paws on a new one - which will not be anytime soon under the activation policy, you can get whatever you want for an iphone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well, those people who didn't wait got lucky this time.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just sold my 16GB unlocked for $460.00 on eBay. Put it up the day the announcement it was made that they were coming to Canada.

Previously, about 2 weeks ago, I sold my 8GB unlocked for $420.00.

yeah my listing was on craigslist i got like 20 calls a day...some guy from lebenon offered 900 dollars for each iPhone..but i dont know how to ship but yeah some ppl are going crazy for these...half these people arent even aware of the new one yet...but once they are aware their only gonna go for about 150$
    iPhone 8G
    Jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chesky69 View Post
    yeah my listing was on craigslist i got like 20 calls a day...some guy from lebenon offered 900 dollars for each iPhone..but i dont know how to ship but yeah some ppl are going crazy for these...half these people arent even aware of the new one yet...but once they are aware their only gonna go for about 150$
    Can you give me the lebanon guys email
    i am also from lebanon lolololol.

I think the price should hold.

The new 3G will be twice as fast a s Edge but slower than WiFi, The capped speed is 1.4Mbps it is possible for At&T 3G to 3.6Mbps and up to 7+Mbps later this year. At&T says, the reason, 1.4 is for saving battery life. Faster speed means less battery.

I digress...The old phone.... 6 million sold worldwide. 3G to be 25 million. The iPhone is better made with better parts. 3G will be cheaper parts (Plastic)

3G....Add $120.00 to AT&T....lets see? 199 + 120 = $319.00 3G 8GB

Add the Dock - Not included in the box $50

319 + 50 = $369.00

Cheaper redesigned power adapter etc. accounts for other Apple savings. As well as new Model for revenue.

Software and Firmware 2.0 will give old iPhone the same as 3G services. Who knows some clever bugger, will find a way to Mod iPhone One to receive 3G.

Just my two cents. iPhone 4GB should be worth more...less made. iPhone collectors will pay more as orginal iPhone become less available.

Chris

Thanks

i sold mine yesterday for $450

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

the price just died. its is now the 12 of june and no one wants to buy for more then 200. this blows. im selling my 400 dollar phone for 150....

can i get it for anyhigher??

KelvinalF
    I put this out there:

Yeah I'm gonna sell it around the end of this month its gonna be around $350 I now sounds expensive but it comes with 7 cases, is unlocked so you can use it on any carrier, jailbroken so it can be customized, has many apps like the NES for old school games like Super Mario Bros. and Contra, a video recorder that has an unlimited recorder, SMBPrefs & Customize so you can change how it looks( I installed alot of different colors to it), Installer so you can install other applications with out the need for a computer, Sketches so you can draw and MobileChat for IMing. If your interested message me so we can figure things out.

I think its good anyone like it? btw its only a 4gb lol

LOL he called me from a blocked number, so i dont have the number.. sorry...Yea but he offered 900 for each one..i thought he was joking but then he gave me his shipping adress and everything..
    Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Can you give me the lebanon guys email
    i am also from lebanon lolololol.
    iPhone 8G
    Jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chesky69 View Post
    LOL he called me from a blocked number, so i dont have the number.. sorry...Yea but he offered 900 for each one..i thought he was joking but then he gave me his shipping adress and everything..
    Bet he gave you everything but payment
    To live, you have to lie