Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need a bit of help - I'm a newb here

Default Need a bit of help - I'm a newb here
    Well, just recently I got a 16GB iPhone. I'm hoping to get the new one in around a month or so when it becomes available where I am and when it'll have a nice collection of apps and so on. But anyway, I want to sort out my iPhone, and have no idea what to do.

My iPhone is already jailbroken, unlocked and has installer and a few extra apps. I bought it already like this, with firmware 1.1.4. I've been steadily accumulating different apps over the past week.

But, as always with me, there is a problem: no openSSH installed or on the installer list. I've done everything everybody has said on half the sites that offer 'solutions' but to no visible solution.

So, this is my request: can somebody somehow help me get openSSH? Maybe gimme the link to the source or what ever? OR can someone tell me how to reset my iPhone to a stage where I can get openSSH but won't lose my apps? If that isn't possible can somebody at least tell me how to reset my iPhone and 100% get openSSH and jailbreak, unlock and god knows what more do to my iPhone properly?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

check the unistall list on installer and make sure you dont have it installed already. Theres a good chance you probable do.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Just because I made my first post there is no need to assume that I'm a total retard.

Quote Originally Posted by darthalen8 View Post
    But, as always with me, there is a problem: no openSSH installed or on the installer list. I've done everything everybody has said on half the sites that offer 'solutions' but to no visible solution.
    That means I probably checked, right? Sorry if I'm offending you, but I'm just mad at my iPhone now.

are you on a mac or pc

PC, I found a different repo and got openSSH, all sorted out.