Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone here not getting 3G iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Anyone here not getting 3G iPhone?
    They said it would be more affordable with the cost of only $200, but then they raise the monthly plan which is ridiculous. I'm a proud 2G iPhone owner and keeping it that way.
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 2008-06-12 at 07:47 PM.

I'm not getting it until it'll be hacked inside out and worth purchasing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm not getting it because i love my voyager too much

I'll keep my original iPhone. Dont need my GPS any more accurate, and other than that... software is the same.

Plus, I lik the flat back so it can sit on my table and not rock around.... and fits in my pocket easy.

Maybe if they had added some functionality hardware-wise that I'm not going to get with the upgrade to 2.0 anyway... but for almost no change except aesthetics? No thanks

If I had 3G coverage I would get one for sure - data and calls at the same time, and 3G call quality.

With no 3G coverage, it depends - I don't see paying $10 extra a month for fewer text messages...
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

I am sure some poeple wont get it....I however am not one of those people and will be standing in line all night. =)

Thanks

I'm getting one on launch. Seems the UK is getting the better deal for a change.

Will probably queue all night, then pick up my new phone in my urine soaked trousers and kebab sauce-splattered face. Which is actually eerily similar to how i end up most weekends
    To live, you have to lie

me and my buddy wont be getting one for a few reasons:
    1: WTF do you think i did all this hacking for, lol, not about to just throw it all away over a few mb of speed and "legit software for teh iphone"

2: its bad enough were both on a family plan(great way to save) and spend 150.00 ....not about to get ****** over even more for having one of the best phones ever released

(btw, att has attempted may times to screw me, figh back and watch what they do)

3: if eveone jumps, do i, nope, i didnt wait in line for the 4gb iphone, and then watch them cry when apple releases the 8gb, rofl

i like to sit back and watch, let someone else get screwed first, haha

and

4: if everone switchs to the 3g network(which still isnt all tat great) then what would make it any different from the 2g network? still going to have a cluster f*ck of people browsing the web and eating bandwith

honestly im really happy with my 2g 8gb 1.1.4 iphone, and see no real reason to get the 3g phone(besides the fact you can be the first to say"yey im an idiot on the bandwagon, im so kool"...i just dont have the money to be a kool kid =]

sorry for ranting

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not buying a 3G iPhone until MMS is added, video capture, direct upload to youtube, unlocked even though I'm on AT&T, the price goes back up; don't want to be just like everyone else like how the sidekicks turned out to be, the penalty for not activating within 30 days goes away, and I like my 1st gen iPhone. I'm waiting until at least 3rd gen to upgrade.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

WOW. You're so uncool it's actually cool!

Quote Originally Posted by movalwebmaster View Post
    me and my buddy wont be getting one for a few reasons:
    1: WTF do you think i did all this hacking for, lol, not about to just throw it all away over a few mb of speed and "legit software for teh iphone"

2: its bad enough were both on a family plan(great way to save) and spend 150.00 ....not about to get ****** over even more for having one of the best phones ever released

(btw, att has attempted may times to screw me, figh back and watch what they do)

3: if eveone jumps, do i, nope, i didnt wait in line for the 4gb iphone, and then watch them cry when apple releases the 8gb, rofl

i like to sit back and watch, let someone else get screwed first, haha

and

4: if everone switchs to the 3g network(which still isnt all tat great) then what would make it any different from the 2g network? still going to have a cluster f*ck of people browsing the web and eating bandwith

honestly im really happy with my 2g 8gb 1.1.4 iphone, and see no real reason to get the 3g phone(besides the fact you can be the first to say"yey im an idiot on the bandwagon, im so kool"...i just dont have the money to be a kool kid =]

sorry for ranting
    WOW. You're so uncool it's actually cool! I'm getting one on launch, for faster internet. Can't go wrong for 159 for a 16GB to replace my 8
    Last edited by redcard; 2008-06-13 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Waste of time. Screw 3G

2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!2g!
    lol
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not enough of an upgrade to consider it worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    They said it would be more affordable with the cost of only $200, but then they raise the monthly plan which is ridiculous. I'm a proud 2G iPhone owner and keeping it that way.
    second that...

i'm still proud of myy 2G iphone and until someone have found a way to get the iphone hacked, i'll not buy a single piece of 3G iphone..

so sorry Mr. Jobs..

me if you think i help you.. ^^

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

I really want 3G, but I'm not upgrading. I'll go with 3rd generation iPhone too.

I am keeping my 2G iPhone, can't afford a 3G plan anyways. I am more than happy with my 2G iPhone on T-Mobile on a 39.99 plan instead of paying double of that to ATT

No thanks!!