Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help rebooting my iPhone, HELP! ASAP!

Default I need help rebooting my iPhone, HELP! ASAP!
    okay, here is the exact problem, described as accurately as I can.

my problem is that my iPhone will NOT turn on. I recently installed some weather thing from cydia and the description said it “changes with the weather,” so I was like, “cool, I’d like something like that!” then all of a sudden AFTER it was done insalling (and it said it was, because it said “close box” or whatever), I could not access anything on my iPhone. it kept the loading thingy that goes around and around and it never restored back to the home menu. what can I do?! I don’t know, I left it on all night, and it still didn’t do a thing, because it just got really hot and eventually died. is there any way I can force it into “Disk Mode” and restore it in iTunes then unlock it again? please help a fellow, I really need this to work for my business needs ASAP!

P.S., I tried restating it (holding home button and power button, and it still does the loading thingy and it stays on the apple logo), and also, I didn't do anything or plug it into the computer yet because I'd rather get advice from here first before going off and "doing my own thing."

thanks again.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

DFU Restore Mode:
    1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes. You should here the computer make the sound like a usb device is connected
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

kilroy007 (2008-06-12)

are you sure that will work? :/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes that's DFU mode, I had the same problem apart from when I was installing Cydia on iPod

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

okay, I put it in DFU mode, but it says it cannot be restored.
    it gives me an error message (1604) saying it cannot be restored, and it still shows the iTunes picture on my iPhone.

any advice please?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well you can always try again... here is another guide on how to DFU iPhone News & Review DFU Mode and then if it works you can unlock/jailbreak again with this: iPhone News & Review iLiberty+ or whatever program you want to use.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thats not dfu mode that is recovery mode because the screen shows the itunes picture.
    when it is in dfu mode (and it has to be to restore) the screen will be black.
    it takes some practice but keep trying at it and read the instructions carefully and you will eventually get it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fungrified View Post
    thats not dfu mode that is recovery mode because the screen shows the itunes picture.
    when it is in dfu mode (and it has to be to restore) the screen will be black.
    it takes some practice but keep trying at it and read the instructions carefully and you will eventually get it
    Explain which one is not dfu mode because you are not helping at all with the current post, its just going to confuse the original poster more.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloyan View Post
    Explain which one is not dfu mode because you are not helping at all with the current post, its just going to confuse the original poster more.
    sorry.
    dfu mode is when the screen is black (this is what you need to do)
    recovery mode is when there is a itunes logo on the screen

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you are in Recovery Mode, you ZiPhone to kick it in DFU mode then restore.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech