Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G: The details you never wanted to know

Default iPhone 3G: The details you never wanted to know
    Link:
    iPhone 3G: the details you never wanted to know : Boy Genius Report

Ok, so this is probably as much speculation as anything else thrown around, but Boy Genius Report has been somewhat credible in the past so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Here's what they say if you're to lazy to check the site yourself:

• iPhone 3G will be activated at point of sale when the device is purchased in store.
    • Return period has been changed from 14 days to 30 days
    • $199 and $299 pricing is for new activations or qualified upgrades with a 2-year agreement
    • 2G iPhone data rate plans will remain available for 2G device suntil further notice
    • The new iPhone 3G data plan is $30/month and includes unlimited data and visual voicemail
    • There is not a no commitment price. This means you can’t just walk in and bang $500 on your credit card and walk out.
    • If you are an existing iPhone customer in good standing, you will be able to extend your contract for two years when the iPhone 3G launches and get the ill-na-na $199/$299 price point. Doesn’t matter when you bought an iPhone either.
    • AT&T and Apple stores “unbrick” the iPhone 3G at time of purchase, but for some reason if that doesn’t happen, you’ll be required to use iTunes at home.
    • Pre-paid and Pick Your Plan will not be allowed on iPhone 3G
    • Device purchase limit remains at (3) per customer in AT&T stores.
    • 2G iPhones to remain as demo models in AT&T stores “until further notice”.
    • AT&T stores will get rate brochures, 22 x 28 posters, and window banners
    • Launch day will mirror last year’s launch. This includes extended store hours, crowd controls, etc. Security will be provided to stores requesting armed police or guards.
    • AT&T is working with Apple to roll out GPS-enabled applications.

So it's a bit of a mix of what's been thrown around. Take it as you will. Until we get official word from Apple & AT&T, nothing is fact.

MODS: feel free to move this to news or close it if you get a thread going.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Isnt this abunch of information we already know, And some is just worthless information?
    EDM

This is just to confirm from another source what's been thrown around. Plus where I got this link from on another forum we have an active AT&T employee who confirmed it as 100% true. I'm just letting the news come in as they come and I wouldn't call any of this information worthless since it's all but confirmed as AT&T's "gameplan".

Thanks

-AT&T stores will get rate brochures, 22 x 28 posters, and window banners

-Launch day will mirror last year’s launch. This includes extended store hours, crowd controls, etc. Security will be provided to stores requesting armed police or guards.

Exepct these two?
    EDM

Regardless of how they launch it, is there's one thing we can all agree one, is that July 11 is going to be a mess wherever you go :P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

m3thodandr3d (2008-06-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this sums up a lot of questions other users have. Good job
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

Omg Sticky Front page News, So people dont make 1 million of these threads.
    EDM

Thanks

Wrong forum!