Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help on restoring iphone 1.1.1

Default help on restoring iphone 1.1.1
    can u help me with my iphone. i have fw 1.1.1 out of the box jailbroken and unlockd with anysim. i have itunes 7.5. i been installing applications through installer without problems until i installed screenshot. now my screen is stuck on the apple logo. im planning to fully restore its settings. i am able to view my iphone through itunes. i downloaded the _Restore.ipsw fw 1.1.1. can you help me do this? cuz i read everywer that after the restore i will be on DFU mode and even from the searching and reading i still havnt figured out how to get out of DFU mode. im using windows. please help me. thanks

follow the instructions found here: http://iphone.unlock.no/#exploit-fails

best i've found yet, i've had to do it 3 times in the last 2 weeks, argh!

make sure you check on your firmware to make sure you didn't upgrade to 1.2.1 or anything. Also read the bit about virginizing too. Most likely all you need to do is restore to 1.1.1 using iTunes, jailbreak it by making the phone "call itself" method, and then MAYBe activate it again using anySIM, sometimes this isn't necessary if you've already done it, but you'll know right away because you'll see the carrier logo, so on.

let me know how it goes....good luck

thanks. i took the risk. did the restore in itunes. worked for me without any errors (1015...etc). got to the activate screen, then followed the *#307# method to jailbreak it (again lol). all was well, now im on 1.1.1 jailbroken (again). i have not unlocked it yet. and now im trying to decide whether to upgrade to 1.1.2.

at my iphones current state, is it possible for me upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it without any problems?
    i read you have to install oktoprep first. can i do that after i unlock it without having to downgrade, update...etc?

thanks agen