Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Newbie. Please help...

Default iPhone 3G Newbie. Please help...
    I am reading some articles on the new iPhone 3G but I couldn't get exact answers to my questions so please help.

1) It says $199 for 8GB iPhone but I am guessing that is the 2 year contract price. What is the retail price?

2) Does it work overseas with a company that uses SIM Cards? (I believe I already read that it does work with all companies except Spring but don't know if that all companies is just the ones in the US)

3) If I buy the old one, can I upgrade it to version 2.0 via iTunes?

4) What are the differences between the old and new one other than the 3G and GPS?

Thanks...

Thanks

1) $199 and $299 are the only prices in america for the iphone. you can only get it on a 2 year contract.

2) it works with any GSM service provider worldwide.
    3) yes you can upgrade to 2.0 but please see 4)

4) the old one is pretty much identical except from 3G and A-GPS. this doesnt sound like much, but allot of the applications that are being made will not run very smoothly on gprs or edge.

If your american, my advice would be to buy one from ebay from abroad and hacktivate it + unlock it to take any sim card. There are no forced contracts anywhere else except from america.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

bump. Reeko mean hacktivate it, when 2.0 gets hacked seeing its not out yet, we can not be sure if they will be able to hack it, im sure they will but who knows when its gonna be a mystery till its release
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

your right, but it is unusual for the dev team to be so quiet. i think that it is hacked and they are just laying low till the release, then after the final 2.0 release, BAM, iPwn etc. works absolutely fine no problems. it would make no sense to announce that they have J/B every single beta firmware.
    but then again, maybe not, just speculation....