Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: external speaker not working, need advice (hardware issue)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default external speaker not working, need advice (hardware issue)
    here's the story.

over winter, i dropped my phone into the snow, in a parking lot. the phone got run over.

this was actually the 2nd time it has gotten run over, first time i dropped it out of my door trying to (know i was being stupid) ghostride my truck, ran over it, nothing happened.

This time, it looks like it got run over on the lower part of the phone were the plastic casing is. it cracked, and the metal portion of the phone appears to be a little squished.

This all hasn't effected how the phone works, except for one thing.

THe external speaker doesn't work. I feel this was b/c it was in the snow.

Now here's what happens, if u squeeze the phone around the speaker, so thumb on the glass, pointer on the back of the phone, it'll ring. seems like there's a loose contact of some sort.

also i wanna add, that i haven't recently but i have dropped my phone 10+ times. and this is the only thing wrong with it, i know it has scratches and dings all over but this is it. just the speaker problem.

any tips/advice on how to get it fixed? i would like to get a 3G iphone when it comes out and give this one to my mom or dad, but they need a phone that'll ring.

I got one of these for my ipod touch and it works great, it would add to the bulk of the phone but if you don't fancy taking it to bits to try and reconnect the speaker wires inside it might be an option?

Mini Portable Amplifier Speaker for iPod Nano Touch - eBay (item 330241811344 end time Jun-11-08 10:09:09 PDT)
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you prob crushed the little speaker inside it the phone looks sqwished
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!