Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Applications quit randomly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Applications quit randomly
    Hello all!
    First of all, I'd like to apologise in advance if this thread doesn't belong in this forum area, still trying to get used to the forums =)

Now to business: I got my iPhone up to 1.1.1 activated, jailbroken, and unlocked with anysim 1.1 and since then (I think, because I didn't test it out of the box), I've been having issues with applications randomly quitting to Springboard such as Contacts or iPod.

I found somewhere out on the Internet (big place, can't remember where exactly) that someone was having a similar issue with the camera, and he was instructed to turn off the "Dim Wallpaper" option on SummerBoard. I tried that, rebooted the phone but still does the same.

It happens randomly on the iPod app, I just have to reboot it, go back into iPod and it's all right, but on the Contact list, whenever I click certain people, it fails to go into the contact card and pops back to SB. It also happens if I want to add a new address to an existing or new contact.

I have installed a couple of games (iBlackjack, Labyrinth and Tap Tap Revolution), MobileFinder, the BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, SummerBoard 3.0b1, Term-vt100, Customize, Services and Taskbar Notifier.

I'm using ver 1.1.1 (3A109a) on a week 39 iPhone with modem firmware 04.01.13_G

Any hints appreciated =)
    Thanks in advance!

[UPDATE @ dec 1 '07]

I wanted to see if the Contacts app issue was because of anything I had installed, so I restored to 1.1.1, activated and took it off the jail. The same thing happens: Contacts crashes back to springboard.

=(
    Last edited by nameghino; 2007-12-01 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I use to have this issue, and I found the solution.under SMB prefs, make sure DIM WALLPAPER is turned off. All my lag/ crash issues were fixed.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenkirby21 For This Useful Post:

aamodr (2007-12-02), chrisperro (2007-12-02)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've already tried that... In fact, I had the issue even after restoring fresh from a downloaded 1.1.1 fw.

The contacts issue was solved by upgrading to 1.1.2. I then proceeded to install some software but NOT Customize or SummerBoard. Tested it, worked flawlessly, installed those last two packages, still worked great, and so has it been for the last hour and a half (when I upgraded to 1.1.2). I've only experienced one app crashing (Safari) when I was browsing the wikipedia, but no other issue than that *so far*.