Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Petition to Apple and AT&T To Reconsider New Purchasing Policies. SIGN NOW!

Default Petition to Apple and AT&T To Reconsider New Purchasing Policies. SIGN NOW!
    Hey guys,

I just started an online petition to Apple and AT&T, asking them to reconsider their new purchasing policies for the iPhone 3G. Lets make our voices heard, just so they know that we do not agree with the policies.

To Apple, Inc. and AT&T, Inc. in response to the introduction of the iPhone 3G Petition

Thanks,
    Alfonso Olvera

I do not agree. This is anti-capitalism. They can price anything how they desire. Its not like they just decided to screw you over with the monthly price. You're getting GPS! For $10! Its not like that's a bad thing is it? They never said you had to buy the phone in the first place. And the unit itself IS cheaper. I completely disagree with you and your anti-capitalistic views and those views also portay you as anti-American.

Hrmmm do you want to call me a terrorist too? haha

Of course they can price anything how they desire. Now, whether they're going to sell their product at the price they desire is a completely different story. I think it is deceptive to say that the iPhone is cheaper, when in the end, you pay more. There are numerous markets in the AT&T network that do not receive 3G but they do receive EDGE coverage. What's the answer to them? They will be forced to pay the $10 extra a month even if they are not receiving the service.

I believe part of capitalism is that companies and corporations should listen to their customers. As a successful business owner myself, I believe listening to my customer's desires, complaints, and suggestions is a key element.

Of course I am not being forced to buy an iPhone, but I think AT&T and Apple can benefit from knowing what their customers think. I actually want an iPhone, I love Apple, the problem here is that AT&T's prices for their plans are completely ridiculous.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

hahaha yeh there going to redo a multi million dollar deal cuz a couple of online ppl cant use there phone not on att. YEh in your dreams. They will do what ever they want..You know what else, you will still buy it. hahah
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Prices for phones (equipment) and cellular plans are outrageous. They always have been and they arent going to get any better.

The fact is people will buy the phone, pay the price and Apple WILL meet its projected sales figures. They know what their doing. And honestly, I dont think the pricing for an Iphone is crazy high anyways, its not cheap.....but your NOT buying a cheap device. I mean come on, look at ANY other PDA and/or smartphone device on the market it will not match up and now that AT&T/Apple will offer discounted pricing for contract agreements you can get an Iphone for around the same price as most all the other lesser PDA devices. AND, just like any other phone on the market, if you DONT sign a new contract, you pay full price. A Palm Treo will cost you $600 full retail. Thats MORE than an Iphone.

I just wish my contract was up, ohhh well....gonna pay full price

No I am not going to call you a cell terrorist. I just don't agree with you. Part of business is being deceptive. It is just how it is. It doesn't mean it is OK. It just is. People don't have to upgrade so that means they don't have to pay the extra $10. Correct me if I am wrong. And what do you think will happen even if they do read the petition and it has 5000 signatures? You think they are going to say oh ok we will lower the prices because we aren't going to get 5000 peoples business? No of course not. Every cell company has fine print. Its all about the presentation and it is something apple is verrrry good at. As long as they make the money they want they don't care what people say in a silly online petition. Sorry. That's just how it works. You say you're a business owner correct? What if you have sold 10000 units of your new item with the first week, but you have 1000 other people that would buy the product if it were 50 dollars cheaper than the 200 it is. Are you going to change the price for that small percentage of people? Of course not. You're making more money right now than you would if you lowered the price! Feel free to disagree. We are all entitled to our own opinion.

Well, let's look back at last year, when Apple managed to piss some people off.

June 29th, 2007 - Apple releases 4GB iPhone for $499 and 8GB for $599 (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

A couple of weeks later, Apple stops selling the 4GB and introduces the 16GB, keeping the same $499, and $599 I believe.

4GB Owners get pissed off. They are loud. What does Apple do? Offer a $200 credit to the original 4GB Owners.

I hope I get the story right..I'm just pulling this out of my memory, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, they offered a $100 discount to ALL iphone owners who purchased their phone before the price cut.

The 16gig phone was NOT out yet. AND, knowing someone that works for Apple........THIS WAS THEIR IDEA ALL ALONG.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

evh5150 (2008-06-11)

Well it was $100. And I do not agree with what they did. They didn't have to do that at all. They still wouldve had as many sales if they hadn't done that.

Yeah you're probably right. But if you do that kind of crap too many times, you definitely piss people off. See this is what really pisses me off. I am a T-Mobile customer, this is what I get:

1150 minutes, 400 Text Messages, Unlimited Data = $50.99 (which comes out to be $61 after taxes).

With AT&T it will be: 900 minutes, 200 text messages, Unlimited Data = $94.99 (which will come out to be approx. $114 after taxes).

Doesn't seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandsfonz View Post
    Yeah you're probably right. But if you do that kind of crap too many times, you definitely piss people off. See this is what really pisses me off. I am a T-Mobile customer, this is what I get:

1150 minutes, 400 Text Messages, Unlimited Data = $50.99 (which comes out to be $61 after taxes).

With AT&T it will be: 900 minutes, 200 text messages, Unlimited Data = $94.99 (which will come out to be approx. $114 after taxes).

Doesn't seem right to me.
    Its not, nor will it ever be close enough to make everyone happy.

AT&T isnt cheap service (cheaper than Verizon) however they have a very good cellular network, better than most out there....and for that you will pay a little more money like everything else.