Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The connection to the outgoing server "(null)" failed??

Question The connection to the outgoing server "(null)" failed??
    has any1 had this problem? Any way to fix it?

man I'm having the same problem here also I'm now running 1.1.2 and l am using IMAP with four diffrent accounts, also running Imapadle which is only working for one account

Quote Originally Posted by izzi b View Post
    has any1 had this problem? Any way to fix it?
    if you guys are using gmail imap i might be able to give u a solution

Quote Originally Posted by izzi b View Post
    please due^^^
    if you have gmail IMAP rather than the normal gmail that you can easily setup from the configuration menu, smtp may sometimes give an error when sending an email from your iphone.

i resolved this by making another account. under settings>mail>add account> gmail>. it fixed my problem with imap smtp and since its the same account but different configuration all mail sent from my iphone still has the same email account.

Thanks Forsyt, but i dont really understand what you mean? Can you explain it in a easier way? I'm new to all of this iPhone stuff..

the error that your getting maybe SMTP server related. SMTP is the server that deals with ur out going mail. wat im saying is that wen i had this problem i was using Gmail's IMAP settings rather than the preconfigured gmail setup in ur iphones settings>mail>add account. wat i did was i created an account under the preconfigured gmail together with my imap account. i now have two configurations with 1 gmail account, the imap and the preconfigured iphone gmail. so wen i send mail, it use either the settings from the imap or the settings for the preconfigured one.

im not sure if this is really how it works but it worked for me.

Hey can ya give some directions on how to fix this error plz?