Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone-less for 30 days!!! YIKES!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iPhone-less for 30 days!!! YIKES!
    I am in Canada and was very happy to see that the iPhone is finally coming here.

Once I heard on the yesterday that we would be getting the iPhone on July 11, I quickly put my iPhone on eBay and sold it for $460.00 while I could (poor bugger must not have heard the news).

Now, here I sit, iPhone-less for a month!! Damn that sucks, but at least soon, we in Canada will have legit iPhones, with visual VM and the whole shebang.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait...until we find out what Rogers data plans are like LOL.

I wonder if the Rogers stores will have line ups on release day?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

congrats dude. ive been iphone less for over three months and dont miss it at all. still have an 8gig but my bro has been using it
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks

sent mine off this morning,

feel lost without it.

am using the oldest nokia alive right now....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I hear you. I went and bought some crap Motorola "pay as you go" phone for $50.00 for the meantime. How did I ever text with these before? LOL

I don't have a phone right now either, I sold mine on eBay for $399.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well that's what happens if you don't wait. For me it was a good thing I waited since I was going to get a normal iPhone but waited for the 3G one, yay

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    I am in Canada and was very happy to see that the iPhone is finally coming here.

Once I heard on the yesterday that we would be getting the iPhone on July 11, I quickly put my iPhone on eBay and sold it for $460.00 while I could (poor bugger must not have heard the news).

Now, here I sit, iPhone-less for a month!! Damn that sucks, but at least soon, we in Canada will have legit iPhones, with visual VM and the whole shebang.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait...until we find out what Rogers data plans are like LOL.

I wonder if the Rogers stores will have line ups on release day?
    There will probably be pretty long lines considering not only is the phone affordable now, it is now carried officially...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    There will probably be pretty long lines considering not only is the phone affordable now, it is now carried officially...
    I'm thinking the same thing. Good thing there is a Rogers store only about 5 minutes from my place. Maybe go by at midnight or 1AM to see if I am up against lines forming that early or not.

Store opens at 10AM, so I was thinking of going by again at 5-6AM on my way to work for a quick look-see. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Me to, 30 days without an iPhone?
    Might gonna get a cheap iPod, cant' survive Study without it.

Thanks

ive cracked out the 2nd gen ipod to use.

getting it out at college should be .... a right laugh....

lol ... just thinking about my nokia ipod combo .....
    Last edited by reeko; 2008-06-10 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha I sold mine too, and for the next month I am using an old flip phone with a screen that works one out of every 30 flips. Imagine going from an iPhone to a portable touch tone phone with no screen... no texting, no caller id, no call log, no time or date, no calculator, AHHHH!!!!! only 30 more days haha
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

i got my nokia n95. i might get the 3G one. i miss the touch, i got the HTC tilt, used it for a day and said F- THAT!!!! lol
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

(poor bugger must not have heard the news).
    Well I havent sold mine yet, I am going to wait a week or so. I feel like I could get $350 easy for my 8gb. Reason being because no more of them are being made and the new ones wont be unlocked because of the in store activation. So I think the demand will go up.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks like Rogers is going to keep the same pricing as everyone else...which is GREAT. Now we just have to see what the data plans are like. Below is an email I received from Rogers.

"Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your use of online customer service.

In your recent email, you have informed us that you would like to know more information concerning the launch of the iPhone.

We appreciate your interest.

Rogers is pleased to announce that the iPhone will be available on the Rogers Network on July 11th, 2008. The iPhone combined three products into one small, lightweight device- a revolutionary touch screen, mobile phone, a widescreen iPod, and a world class data devise for web browsing-mail, search and more.

The new iPhone will operate on Rogers? High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) network ? The fastest mobile network in Canada. HSPA is nationally available in the top Canadian urban centres from Vancouver to Halifax, covering more than 60% of the population. The iPhone will also operate on Rogers' coast to coast GSM/EDGE network, proven to be the country?s most reliable wireless network.

At this time, there are no further details available regarding the overall launch of the iPhone including retail availability and functionality.

The tentative pricing for the iPhone is the following: the 8GB model at $199.00 on a three year contract and the 16GB at $299.00 on a three year contract.

Please be assured that more information, including retail availability and up to date pricing information will be available soon. Continue visiting Rogers Communications - Wireless, Digital Cable TV, Hi-Speed Internet, Home Phone for updates."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    i got my nokia n95. i might get the 3G one. i miss the touch, i got the HTC tilt, used it for a day and said F- THAT!!!! lol
    LOL.. I know what u mean!!

The tentative pricing for the iPhone is the following: the 8GB model at $199.00 on a three year contract and the 16GB at $299.00 on a three year contract.
    3 Year contract Tech changes too rapidly for that What ever happened to 1 year contracts

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psedog View Post
    3 Year contract Tech changes too rapidly for that What ever happened to 1 year contracts
    Oh I know. Wireless companies sure bend your over. And they dont even buy you dinner first!!