Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is repairing baseband/virginizing always mandatory before a restore?

Default Is repairing baseband/virginizing always mandatory before a restore?
    I just bought an iPhone and have been researching how to hack it. Just a few questions that I cant find a clear answer to.

I have version 1.1.1 and using AT&T. If I head over to jailbreakme.com on my iPhone and install AppSnapp, all should work fine im assuming. Now if, i wanted to restore to factory settings, do i need to virginize my iPhone and repair the baseband FIRST before doing a restore thru itunes? Is that always mandatory? Ive read some mixed things. Also, if I wanted to restore to 1.1.1. instead of 1.1.2, how would I go about this?

Thanks in advance

There a lots of guides on this site and all very useful but it can be confusing becuse there is just so much information to take in for a noob so I'll point you to a simple guide off site, and if its new out the box 1.1.1 you dont need to virginise or downgrade.

http://iphone.unlock.no

Its the clearest guide I know off for someone new to this
    Last edited by ericidle; 2007-12-01 at 12:58 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks for the reply.

Now, if I have a standard 1.1.1 iPhone thats already activated and using AT&T, do I need to run AnySim? AnySim is just an installer for people that are using non AT&T sims right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mobkon View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Now, if I have a standard 1.1.1 iPhone thats already activated and using AT&T, do I need to run AnySim? AnySim is just an installer for people that are using non AT&T sims right?
    Thats is correct you wont need to install anysim( anysim is for unlocking the phone to use with other carriers)