Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is the NEW iPhone 3G worth the squeeze.

Default Is the NEW iPhone 3G worth the squeeze.
    Well we have heard all the great new features and not so great ones...
    about the the new iPhone so i was just wondering what does everybody think ? Is it worth paying a minimum of 69.99 a month or is it to much. Me being a teenager say its great while my parents pay the bill because i am not old enough to work but how about you people who have to pay for it yourselves. I personally think that the iPhone is still missing basic features like a video recording, mms, chat client, etc.. What do you think its missing?

Thanks

I'm the same, im a teenager but i still pay the bill lol. I just pay my parents the money, it really drains me. No im not updating because i refuse to get into another 2 year agreement with AT&T and im not paying $10 more a month. AT&T = Nazis.

I see but I am not old enough to get a job that pays the sufficent money to pay my bills. I get my 3G iphone free because my friend broke my old one ha

Thanks

idk its up to you i think its really cool though

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

$10 dollars a month times 24 months (2 years) equals 240 dollars..
    240+200=440, about the most I'd be willing to pay for a 3G iPhone... In two years something newer and greater will be out, but until then this will be perfect for me. Faster internet, I already have ATT, and the new software that is coming out. Add to that that I sold my old iPhone for 350 so im making 150 dollars by upgrading :-P.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the one thing that has me excited about the 2nd gen is improved audio! if i can hear my ringtones and the caller i am speaking to it just might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    $10 dollars a month times 24 months (2 years) equals 240 dollars..
    240+200=440, about the most I'd be willing to pay for a 3G iPhone... In two years something newer and greater will be out, but until then this will be perfect for me. Faster internet, I already have ATT, and the new software that is coming out. Add to that that I sold my old iPhone for 350 so im making 150 dollars by upgrading :-P.
    Except you paid for the first phone so youre not making money youre losing less.

Thanks

i think it's totally worth it! this will make the iphone even more invulnerable to competitors!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Quote Originally Posted by unlockme View Post
    the one thing that has me excited about the 2nd gen is improved audio! if i can hear my ringtones and the caller i am speaking to it just might be worth it.
    Eh? None of the materials I've seen have said anything about improved audio. Sources, or it didn't happen :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are a teen, my recommendation is that if buy an iPhone you put it on a family plan, preferably with rollover minutes. That way you only pay the fractional cost of having an additional line plus the $20 for the unlimited data plan.
    If you do more texting than 200 SMS messages per month, then the iPhone cost is not what you should be concerned.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Except you paid for the first phone so youre not making money youre losing less.
    true... or you could think of it as a cheap upgrade :-/
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

I think it is worth the price. I sold my iPhone for $399 a few days ago, so I'll get a 16GB iPhone 2 and still have a $100 to throw around. Plus my Grandparents told me that they will foot my cellphone bill until I am out of college, so that is in a few years. I probably will wind up giving them the $100 I saved to put toward the 3G fees.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schweitzer View Post
    Eh? None of the materials I've seen have said anything about improved audio. Sources, or it didn't happen :P
    i remember reading it somewhere, i thought off apples website but cant find it now. if you yahoo or google "iphone improved audio" you'll get a bunch of hits from iphone sites that state improved audio.