Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Sold Unlocked in UK?

Default iPhone 3G Sold Unlocked in UK?
    On Apple.com, all the pictures of the iPhone have AT&T at the top, so AT&T is obviously going to be the carrier, much like O2 is in the UK.
    However, on the UK site, it has all the same information, like JULY 11TH launch date and stuff, but all the pictures do NOT have O2 on the iPhone.. Just the Signal and the 3G logo...

ALSO, in the Apple store, it says under requirements:
    - AT&T service
    (minimum two-year agreement)

In the UK store it just says:
    - Wireless service

Does this mean the iPhone is gonna be sim free in the UK? Or have they just not signed a deal with O2 yet ? :/

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

Give them a few days and all your question will be answered...I am sure that not everything is set yet..

ALSO in the small print it has
    Some features and services are not available in all areas. See your carrier for more details.

This is not included on the US store

on the apple website it says you can only buy the phone at the o2 or carphonewarehouse shops...if its true what they say about the US iphone, that it needs to be activated in store, that same thing is probably gonna happen to us (UK) as well...if you can only buy at o2 or cpwh and not directly at any apple stores it seems that we will have to sign a contract in with o2 in store...

Thanks

O2 contracts are relatively fair, and I'll have enough money to buy any phone i want in summer... but do I want a 3g iPhone... 2.0mp camera....come on...

It's not even worth upgrading now i think about it.. It's just plasticy and pretty, and slightly faster with gps. not THAT much better.