Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: having problems sync..itunes with iphone

Default having problems sync..itunes with iphone
    Hi Guys

I was wondering if you can helpmeout with this problem
    now i got new unlocked iphone version 1.1.1 everything works fine except.....when i try to connect my iphone to itunes 7.5, i tunes does reads the iphone but......it gives me an error...
    (itunes cannot read the contents of the iphone "^1". go to the summary tab in the iphone prefrences and click restore to restore this iphone to factory settings.)
    now i cant understand wht this is....but i cant get music on iphone coz of this......also the bluetooth is having problems.......its unable to connect to other bluetooth device......its keep on searching but does nothing......

can you guys help me out......

thnks

Never had that happen to me before about itunes saying it cannot read the error. You mentioned that you just got an unlocked 1.1.1. So i'm assuming that you bought it from someone that previously had it unlocked and synced to their system?

Could that be a reason why guys? Maybe someone else chime in...

I would suggest if all else fails to restore your phone. Just make sure you don't accidently update or restore to 1.1.2 (if that's not what you want, that is....)

Cheers,
    Ridge

If I helped you in anyway, show some love! hit the thanks button!

Default not sure of restoring
    i am not sure...if i restore.....factory setting ....will it...lock my phone again.....or not....also...i dnt know...hw to restore it....can u...please get me soem instructions on hw to do it....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinakin View Post
    i am not sure...if i restore.....factory setting ....will it...lock my phone again.....or not....also...i dnt know...hw to restore it....can u...please get me soem instructions on hw to do it....thanks
    What FW are u on first.

FW 1.1.1 are you asking abou this...

Sorry to take so long, had to run out for a bit.

Anyways, here is the link to jailbreak and unlock your phone.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13015

When you restore in Itunes make sure you downloaded the 1.1.1 version first. You can find it in the download section in this forum. Once you download that when your in itunes make sure you click and hold the option key while you click restore so that you may choose which firmware you want to restore to.

Once you restored just follow the guide it'll help you out...

Let me know if it works

cheers,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ridge For This Useful Post:

pinakin (2007-12-02)

thnks....mate.....

i will try this thing and will keep u further update about it.....thnks again

Hey guys i have this unique problem with my new iphone !! I recently added the summerboard application using the iphone browser and now for some reason i am unable to transfer any music , videos or pictures to my phone ! when i sync to itunes it show that that music is there but on the iphone its say that there is No Music !! Please help !!
    Thanks