Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3G = No Video COnferencing/Recording

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts

    Default iPhone 3G = No Video COnferencing/Recording
    Ok in my humble opinion, I believe it's just a big software update. The phone is a little bit slimmer, but I think Apple is just introducing this as a teaser, hopefully, because it's not worth standing in a long line. I really wanted video conferencing on the iPhone or at least a solid video recorder from them. Or did they forget about flash? or even a flash for the camera when the environment is dark!!! I would've even payed $400 for an iPhone like this:[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y37dDeRCX14"]Click Here[/ame]
    But I know that we can't always get what we want, and unfortunately this is the case with the new iPhone.
    Post your input

  2. #2
    I would have payed at least 600 for an iphone like the video! LOL

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Safari For This Useful Post:

    TheYoungHustla (2008-06-09)

  4. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    I would have payed at least 600 for an iphone like the video! LOL
    Thank you...
    I see Apple isn't on this level yet

  5. #4
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    The technology is there for sure. What Apple is doing is piece feeding us little by little. If they put all these features into the first iphone there would be no where to go from there... no reason for anyone to "upgrade". This exactly what they do with iPods... they come out with a SLIGHTLY better model every year or so to keep sales up and profits high.

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The technology is there for sure. What Apple is doing is piece feeding us little by little. If they put all these features into the first iphone there would be no where to go from there... no reason for anyone to "upgrade". This exactly what they do with iPods... they come out with a SLIGHTLY better model every year or so to keep sales up and profits high.
    co-sign.

    IMHO apple have already developed an iPhone that can do everything you could ever want it to do + much much much more beyone our dreams for now.

    They are a business, they have strategies of making money and exactly what Poseidon said is Apples common strategy.

    However, note that the 8gb isnt available in white. I think a 32GB black + white will be made available about 2 months after launch date, and the 8GB will me discontinued (like the 4GB last year)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (2008-06-09)

  8. #6
    Big buuhh for apple, 3G and no video conferencing. Same ol 2mp camera, no bluetooth transfer, no stereo speakers. Oh I forgot got gps now, big deal got gps on my 1st gen also, plus all the free app's I can get and jailbroken and no contract. I could go on and on. Thanks but no thanks, they can keep the 2nd gen. Maybe 3rd gen would be worth buying. Just my 2 cents.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

    TheYoungHustla (2008-06-09)

  10. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Big buuhh for apple, 3G and no video conferencing. Same ol 2mp camera, no bluetooth transfer, no stereo speakers. Oh I forgot got gps now, big deal got gps on my 1st gen also, plus all the free app's I can get and jailbroken and no contract. I could go on and on. Thanks but no thanks, they can keep the 2nd gen. Maybe 3rd gen would be worth buying. Just my 2 cents.
    See that's what I'm talking about...
    and you can't even unlock it because you HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH AT&T on the spot!!
    THIS SOME BULL

  11. #8
    Slimmer? Where'd you get slimmer?

    New 3G iPhone is 12.3mm thick.
    Old 2.5G iPhone is 11.6mm thick.

    It's 0.7mm thicker.

    Lack of video recording features is disappointing and rather unorthodox in this class of device.

  12. #9
    Dissapointed at apple, It could be a major hit but it will probably be a small hit this new iPhone.

  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    See that's what I'm talking about...
    and you can't even unlock it because you HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH AT&T on the spot!!
    THIS SOME BULL
    They don't even have mobile tv service!!!! Here goes another year with my friend rubbing it in my face because he has sprint tv on his phone. Apple really dropped the ball big time.

  14. #11
    Yeah and what are we gonna get through the appstore? Just some useless app's I guess, since no third party app can run as root. I like actually the new back of the phone but then again you gonna put a case on it to protect and that's gone too. Really apple wake up and give people a lit more credit. Don't try to fool us. I wish some other company would come out with a killer phone, don't get wrong I love my iphone but if it wouldn't be for 3rd party app's we have I wold have left the building so to speak. I know this is getting long, I just had to let go some of my anger.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  15. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts


    This is what it should've looked like

    anybody else agree?
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-06-10 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #13
    Yess, me :-) Hey maybe the chinese come out with another iphone clone that beats the 2nd gen iphone this time.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  17. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts

    Yea hopefully...if they don't get sued.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •