View Poll Results: Are You Disappointed With the iPhone3G?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

140 67.96%
  • No

66 32.04%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are You Disappointed With the iPhone3G?

quite disappointed about the 3G iPhone. still lacks all the basic features that is now standard with other mobiles. i m not going to list those down since most of u guys have been over them many times over. and now to top all that is u have to pay for all the apps. that is going to burn big holes in my wallet and makes matters even worse when u throw in the currency conversion for developing countries . and now we r required to activate the phone in front of them .

i m sticking to my 1st gen iphone and hope (pray) that the modding community continues their great work.

Dissapointed? Nah. It's still a decent device.

I am not excited about the "tethered" GPS... sort of like a notebook PC that *requires* A/C power, all the time.

The rest of the stuff, I couldn't care less.

I am more interested to know what data plans will be offered by Rogers/FIDO (Canadian GSM monopoly).

As a PHONE, the iPhone is not that great in general. Too much time required to make it do what most smartphones do right out of the box and we all know about the general "phone" issues which I do not think were addressed in the 3G version.

If THIS phone: ( http://www.bongowireless.com/product/id,1877/tab,specs/ ) had I/R, I would get it. I use my WM PDA to control my I/R remote devices, including my Sirius Stiletto and my ROOMBA.

I have typically spent $300 - $600 for a phone, and each phone has lasted 3-5 years, not including phones I have bought to try/test. The iPhone has provided the LEAST value per dollar and per hour invested of all the phones I have ever owned.

The iPhone is a nice device, but I think I will be giving my iPhone to my wife, who uses the MP3 function on her Sony phone (I don't really use the iPOD functions of my iPhone), retire the Sony, and get myself a decent smartphone with WiFi and (real) GPS. The iPhone novelty has worn off a few months ago.

How many hours have you put into your iPhone? How long will it last? Enjoy!
    Last edited by 1BADRIDE; 2008-06-11 at 01:16 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

The major upgrade seems to be 3G and GPS. The firmware will work the same on 1st gen except for the GPS programs and 3G. It is still and advancement from 1st gen (the cost mainly) and battery life seems to have improved, i just think everyone wanted more features than what was given. the sdk and the enterprise I am not dissapointed but i bet the next generation will be a lot better.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

I'm happy that the 2nd gen iphone turned out to be dud/forced activation. It all makes my 1st gen iphone purchase that much better. Now I'll be wating for the 3rd gen and see what apple has to offer then.

I don't think that they will add the cut and paste, mms, bettter resolution camera, front camera, expansion slot, etc. until the competition catches up and forces them to make those changes. Hopefully, that's not too far down the road.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I don't think that they will add the cut and paste, mms, bettter resolution camera, front camera, expansion slot, etc. until the competition catches up and forces them to make those changes. Hopefully, that's not too far down the road.
    agreed.

and if you dont like forced activation and forced contract, buy one off ebay from europe

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm disappointed with the new iphone. I would think a new iphone release would give more features, better cam, vid cam, and not the plastic, cheap look. To me, its not worth selling my 16gb iphone, to but a new 3g 16gb iphone. I love the look, feel, and weight of mine. Makes it feel more well made. A lightweight, plastic phone just seems easier to break.
    I have 2 kinds of gps on mine now, so that isnt really a good enough selling point for me.

Now to the iphone-less public, its a dream. They believe they are going to be getting a new version, more featured, better made model thats half the price. Even though its not true, they wil go buy, especially when the apple salesmen are hyping it in their ear.
    I will definately keep mine, and await the next release of the iphone.
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

i really like it, but i'm disappointed they didn't add hardware features that most phones have, like a video recorder and a better phone

I am a tad disappointed, well actually i am very. I'm not asking for video conferencing because in the US no phone or company supports it and I'm sure it eats up battery. There are some things i am disappointed with.
    !. no mms
    2. no flash
    3. no video recording
    4. and the things they are adding now should've of been there in the first place 3G especially

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emanuelle10 View Post
    I am a tad disappointed, well actually i am very. I'm not asking for video conferencing because in the US no phone or company supports it and I'm sure it eats up battery. There are some things i am disappointed with.
    !. no mms
    2. no flash
    3. no video recording
    4. and the things they are adding now should've of been there in the first place 3G especially
    flash is coming, just needs to be ironed out.

as for 2,3 and 4, can we do these things? yes.

is it that the iphone cant do these things or is it that apple are deliberately not incorporating these? they obviously could if they wanted ....

in my eyes, if everyone emailed photos to eachother, would be cheaper for a start....

and no video recording?
    maybe the lack of incorporating a substantially sized camera and video camera into the phone make you think that maybe apple believes phones dont need these? if you want to video record or take pictures, get a camera. because again, apple are more than capable of incorporating everything you could want, need + more...

so at the end of the day, if you dont like apples development and opinions, buy the X1 when it comes out or wait for the imaginary G-Phone, or better still, the nokia N96

*laughs to self*

hell ya im disappointed!
    apple set the bar with their first iphone and failed to even get close to it this time
    what do we have new this time? 3G, GPS, shiny back? thats it? for $10 more a month, its not worth it
    i mean come on, still no MMS and video recording? wtf were they thinking?
    i love my iphone, but it amazes me that one of the biggest multimedia gurus in the industry would even consider shipping a phone without multimedia messaging.
    it just doesnt make sense.

i have to admit tho, that some of our expectations and rumors about the new phone were pretty out there but others should have been included in the first phone

i had like 4 web pages open for the WWDC and i have to say, it was not a very good keynote...moreso the content than the actual speech itself...

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

i like it, but i wish it had a better camera and more features like mms and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Piazza331 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Lower price point, GPS, very good battery life.

You people want God in a phone.
    The 199 price doesn't matter because you are still gonna pay monthly voice+Data charges for 24 months.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    The 199 price doesn't matter because you are still gonna pay monthly voice+Data charges for 24 months.

Very good point.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bargsbeer For This Useful Post:

yowiphone (2008-06-16)

Quote Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
    Very good point.
    Thanks.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup!

and here is a new one ""not everybody qualifies for an update"", check out the new rules ATT put up today, they are hungry for some greens

Well the extra cost for higher data rate is probably a blocker for me unless you can tether the iphone to your laptop(Mac and PC) without additional cost.

I'm somewhat disappointed. I know I won't be getting one.

Sure, there are some improvements, but there are still some glaring omissions.

Firstly, as a media player, it's almost inexecusable that iphones of any generation don't play DivX/Xvid without transcoding. If the iphone didn't have the processing powering, then that would be an ok excuse -- but it has more than enough power. What makes it worse is, that unlike most gaps in the iphones software, this one is going to be hard to patch by 3rd party developers (I Know Zodttd is trying . . .) because they aren't able to make use of the hardware decoding chip.

Secondly, still the same very low quality camera and not front-facing as many had hoped . . .

Most of my other iphone gripes are addressed by 3rd party software, but I had hoped to see these two addressed by Apple directly.

That said, the real deal killer is, of course, the 75 dollar a month for 2 years contract. That dog just won't hunt. They could make it 0 dollars and I still wouldn't be interested . . .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast