View Poll Results: Are You Disappointed With the iPhone3G?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

140 67.96%
  • No

66 32.04%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are You Disappointed With the iPhone3G?

Thanks

not happy...like the new look thoe..

i dont like
    no better cam/front cam for video chat..
    no 32GB..not as we know of ..that could come maybe..

i can understand the memory but the no cam in front for video calls i dont understand that..i mean come on now the other side of the world has this on there phones..but its USA lacks in technology there always behind..while the other side of the world will always lead were like always 2 years behind..well next year again apple..

to me this new iphone is more like a minor upgrade not a marjor one..

happy with my 16GB iphone..

I wont be making a switch. Here in oz a 2 year contract is just a PITA, and I refuse to get caught up in it for the sake of latest and greatest. I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what happens with older phones and FW2 after July 11.

Thanks

not the slightest bit. i love that thing

(yes!!! 300th post!!!)
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

I thought this was a joke...

3g...gps... and????????

[black case.... nothing a cover couldnt fix, i think the silver is way sexy anyway]
    ["better battery life"..... i bet ]
    ["better audio" ...what louder?]

how about the **** people have been laughing at iphone users for a year at.....
    UPGRADE: 2mp camera
    UPGRADE: shitty microphone (anyone who uses iphonevideorecorder can tell you that)
    UPGRADE: speakers :-s
    UPGRADE: bluetooth

Lets not even get into software....
    MMS!!! *cough*

No seriously, where the **** is my MMS?!
    :-|

im just so happy its finally being released in canada!!!!!!!!! i have an iphone now but have never been able to use edge, and now when i get the new phone i can get the data plan and use 3G.......they jsut annouced today the CANADA well worldwide release, and i cant F***ing wait!

Any other canadians as happy about this news as i am EHHH??????

and omgreptar6 u need to calm down bro wit the negativity, cant you be happy with what it is?
    Last edited by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian; 2008-06-10 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Posted this on another website over the same discussion...

So we all know that the iphone lacks a lot of features and I can make a very long list whether you want to admit it or not. The iphone as a phone is very basic but in terms of its UI and OS it is very far ahead of the game.
    So what’s the solution well it might sound ridiculous to a lot of people but a possible solution is to take an advance phone like the new Samsung i900 and put the iphone OS unto that phone because it already has the same UI. An example along the line of what I’m suggesting is using Windows OS on a Mac. Apple has tried to create an all in one phone so you don’t need anything else but still left out so much in terms of hardware example a better camera, and Samsung has tried to copy the iphone and left out so much in terms of software example media and media syncing which refers to iTunes. RIM has already took a step forward and made their new Blackberry sync with iTunes so it’s easier to control your media. So does anyone else besides me think this is possible and would be great?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

More bummed about the contract. Would rather pay 500 bucks for the phone and not be locked into a contract. It's time to set laws to stop these companies from raping their customers like this. Sure you don't need the phone. I also don't need a computer per se, but would be just as pissed if I had to sign up for two years worth of internet before I was able to buy one. (I build my pcs but that's beyond the point)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I'm dissapointed and happy because the 3G isn't worth the upgrade so I'm saving money :-)

I am disappointed with the:-

1) Camera Specs lesser than 3.2mpx
    2) No Flash
    3) No Video Recording > 15fps
    4) Not giving an option for original form factor model
    5) No A2DP
    6) No Copy n' Paste
    7) No Frontal Camera for 3G Video Calling
    8) No Real Push support for SyncML artifacts.

iPhone 3G has nothing special. No auto-focus camera, no front camera for video conferencing (not that I use that much), no MMS application, no bigger capacity. Nothing making me want to run and get it....

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    More bummed about the contract. Would rather pay 500 bucks for the phone and not be locked into a contract. It's time to set laws to stop these companies from raping their customers like this. Sure you don't need the phone. I also don't need a computer per se, but would be just as pissed if I had to sign up for two years worth of internet before I was able to buy one. (I build my pcs but that's beyond the point)

Man over 500 posts and you think being forced to sign a two year contract is worse than paying $500 for a phone. First off you could buy the phone and cancel the contract at anytime and the most you would pay would be 4$175. That would be $375 if you canceled day one. Not to mention Apple just changed their policy on cancelations which allows a $5 per month discount off of the $175 cancelation fee. To spell it out. If you are 12 months into your contract you can get out for $5x12=$60 less or $115.

Then theirs one other thing. Most of us already signed a two year contract with apple to activate our Iphone 1st Gen and what I know is I'm still able to get a 3g phone only one year into it for the full subsidy and pay only $199. So I'm not feeling too burned here. Not to mentions I sold my 1st gen last week for $375.

Now one more thing let's all go out this week and sign a two year contract and get a Curve for $50 or a killer deal on a blackjack. Then just buy a 3g and sign another two year contract. Do you think ATT is going to say no you can't buy an iphone. Someone call ATT and confirm this one. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    I mean if you were to speak in "clear" English and not some slang you made yourself, then maybe I would
    that is completely clear english.... brush up on your linguistics budy...
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

im not really a fan of the contract thing. all we can do is wait and see how much apple will sell it in the apple store with no activation. im def not gonna leave t mo for that crappy plans AT&T has. thank god i didnt sell my phone, im pretty happy with my phone. even though its a 4 gig. hopefully ill pick up a 16 gig for cheap now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    I mean if you were to speak in "clear" English and not some slang you made yourself, then maybe I would
    ROFLCopter, this is the most hilarious thing I have read all day. You can't seriously be that ignorant to know one of the most basic french words ever. It is used often in conversations to mean 'without,' how on earth did you think it was slang language? The most ironic thing is that yo' is clearla' gangsta fool, therefore if it was slang you would be 'down with it' yourself. Don't be so agressive, or it just makes you look more immature.
    Lack of basic French = FAIL

Zut alors, il ne savait pas la mot 'sans' - c'est incroyable!

There will be a 32GB later on just like the 16Gb came out after the 8Gb version.
    3G is not nothing, over here in europe it's everywhere and used extensively.
    Camera could have been better with autofocus + front camera would have been nice.
    Gps is great plus TomTom announced Gps software for it, means no need for downloading maps( To be Paid seperatly)
    Mms, i dont use at all, use email, but if hjailbroken you can add the mms app created by third party, unless avaible to buy on App Store, hmmm
    Video recording, i cant understand why they havent added the software....
    Still i'm loving it.

NOOOOO I am not! The only reason I think people would be was because of all the rumors and stuff. People built it up too much. Also, since some of the rumors were true, people were dissappointed. The stuff on it was expected, so people were dissapointed. Also, if Mr.Jobs just went completely all out on one product, how would he improve it and build up his wallet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sedjav View Post
    Are You Disappointed With the iPhone3G?
    All disappointment is caused by comparison. Compared to the current iPhone, it's a great step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
    The only reason I think people would be was because of all the rumors and stuff. People built it up too much.
    Amen brother. That's why I hate/ignore rumors.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-06-10 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    All disappointment is caused by comparison. Compared to the current iPhone, it's a great step forward.
    mmm I'm about 50/50 on that one.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-06-11 at 07:03 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sdmojaydo619's Avatar
    Thanks

I will wait a while on the 3g iphone. Cant even use it where i live, but once i move i will consider. I am still disappointed for the same reasons everyone else is, but especially because the camera is the same one that we have. Meh....
    Why can't people be more interrigent rike me? RICE!
    R.I.P - iPhone 2g, iPod classic 80GB

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the price is fair for the majority of people who just USE their phone like anyone else. i cant be mad. i enjoy hacking and playing w my first gen iphone but the little glitches that come w it are becoming very annoying. it seems like something new every week almost.
    like mentioned before, how could apple dismiss MMS, a standard gps and better camera/recorder!?!?! thats asinine to say the least.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast