Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help! cant change my wallpaper/lock screen.

Default help! cant change my wallpaper/lock screen.
    i have this lock screen that i cant get rid of. usually, you would change the wallpaper when you go to photo, then select as wallpaper. and then you can use SMB to either set it as wallpaper, or use the theme wallpaper and use your wallpaper as the unlock screen. but i was playing around with customize when i was trying to learn how to use it, and now i cant change my wallpaper at all. i can still use my SMB wallpaper, but i cant use any wallpaper i apply when i browse my photos. everytime i try to change it, it says it changes wallpaper, but when i go into sleep mode, and turn it back on, the old wallpaper is still there. how do i get rid of it?!

i have the some thing i dont no how to fix it. and i been all night looking around for a fix
    should i just uninstall customize and see if that fixes it.

try this man
    ssh into
    var/mobile/library
    and delete "LockBackground.jpg"
    it works!!!!!!!!
    p.s sorry for the last post i was looking around at the same time i postedd it.
    Last edited by relicwqa; 2008-06-10 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to relicwqa For This Useful Post:

colmiak (2008-06-27), dragnandy (2008-06-11), ltjbigshot (2009-09-27)

hey it works!! thanks a lot man. i was getting real tired of the same background.

wait, but now i have another problem. on the unlock screen, where it shows the time, there use to be a transparent black bar. it disappeared. i liked it better there because it was easier to see the time but now its gone. is there a way to get it back?
    Last edited by dragnandy; 2008-06-11 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ive got a similar problem on 2.0.1

I can change the lock-screen but not the background when the iPhone is unlocked. It is jsut a plain black screen and I can't change the background using Customize

Any ideas?

I thanks relocwa
    this fixed my problem on 2.2