Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone will not reboot after itunes restore

Thanks

Default Phone will not reboot after itunes restore
    Hi,

I have done a restore via itunes, all goes well and get message from itunes to say restore done etc etc and phone will be reboot, it tries to reboot but stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel on bottom quarter of apple logo.

I have tried several time but all ways the same at the end, phone just will not boot again to show up in itunes.

Anyone had this issue?

Try doing a restore in DFU mode.

Thanks

Cheers for the reply hiflyer,

itunes will not pick phone up in DFU mode, only restore mode

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Cheers for the reply hiflyer,

itunes will not pick phone up in DFU mode, only restore mode
    Are you sure you are getting into DFU mode. The screen should be black and it takes maybe 20 seconds for itunes to recognize.

Sometimes the timing to get into DFU mode is tricky, but keep trying.

Put it into DFU mode, it dosent sound like you were, if you don't know how to do this download iliberty+ then click other tools and choose enter DFU mode. What are you trying to restore or upgrade to? I was unable to restore my phone to 1.0.2 for awhile and i eventually just gave up and went to 1.1.3.

Thanks

Hi guys, Cheers for the reply, I cant turn phone off, to put it in DFU mode, I have iliberty+ but dont have an option for other tools. Trying to restore a 1.1.4 as it keeps freezing.

No, alright you don't have to turn your phone off for DFU mode, just when its on press down the hold and home button at the same time. Let go of the hold after about 8-10 second and keep the home button held down. You'll know when its in DFU mode because the screen will be black but itunes will detect the phone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rogu3 For This Useful Post:

nickh (2008-06-08)

Thanks

Thanks rogu, i did what you said itunes has seen it and starting a restore, see what happens at the end, so far it will not boot after restore complete.

Alright, good luck, worse comes to worst just virginize it. This site has a tut on it somewhere.

Thanks

All worked AOK mate, thanks given!!

Update: Phone still wont boot of Apple screen with spinning wheel at bottom quarter of log still any advice Rogu
    Last edited by nickh; 2008-06-08 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Alright, hmm what firmware are you trying to upgrade to?

Found a way, your gonna loose everything on your phone and have to restore it again though.
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...pe_Your_iPhone
    Last edited by rogu3; 2008-06-08 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks

Not trying to update, its a 16gb on 1.1.4 just freezers all the time when you go to use it, are using it. Anything seems to trigger it off, cant get through a whole day without it happening.

Alright, just put it in DFU mode, download 1.1.3 and put it on your desktop when you go to restore hold shift and click it. Find the firmware and click it. You'll probably get an error like 1015 or something like that. Thats when you know its working. Just restart your comp and plug your phone back in and do it again. Should work. if not check out that link in m other post.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you do what rogu3 said and get error 1015 the easier way to boot the phone is use iBrickr (windows) or Independence (mac).

Default To add a little perspective here
    My iphone was 1.1.1 .. was told the improvements with 1.1.4 are great.. and call for an upgrade. So, I did it. Jailbreak was with iliberty and installed cydia. Cydia gives lots of errors.. so I went to installer.. that says not correct permissions.. tried to upgrade to 3.11 of installer.. will not install some executable error.

Now, here we are.. just want to start from scratch on 1.1.4. Trying to restore.. well itunes and iliberty do not see the phone. Power and home button held.. let go of the power button.. itunes detects it. I told it to restore.. unpacking, preparing.. then the phone goes from black screen to the apple logo as it's preparing the ipohone for restore. It then cannot restore and throws and error. The error code is 1604. I've been working on this all day and night.. and I"m just not getting anywhere.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
    j

update.. forced dfu mode in iliberty.. itunes saw it again.. told it to restore.. the exact same thing happens. I've used two diifferent usb ports... and the phone is not screwed.. cause I can still bring it back to phone mode..

thanks again

j

update.. got frustrated.. downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware again.. rebooted the puter.. left the iphone connected.. once restarted.. opened itunes.. went through the process.. and voila.. worked! All's well.

reboot your pc and use a fresh copy of the firmware!!

j
    Last edited by joejoeiphone1; 2008-06-22 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost