Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Totally Bricked iPhone!!!! Error (1604) or (1) no matter what i do

Default Totally Bricked iPhone!!!! Error (1604) or (1) no matter what i do
    my iphone is either stuck on the apple logo, or the itunes and cable logo!

i tried every trick in the book... different versions of itunes, downloaded all .ipsw versions from version 1.0.0 till 1.1.2, tried windows and mac... nothing is working.. a bit of background:

it is not mine (im trying to fix it) so here's what i was told: it was version 1.0.2 and working good untill one day whenever i make an outgoing phone call, i get Call Failed, i verginized and updated to 1.1.1 and activated and jailbroke, from installer i downloaded anysim and when i pressed it, the phone restarted and get stuck on the apple logo.

what i have found out: sometimes restore errors out with error (1) and sometimes with error (1604) but most of the time (1604)... when i choose restore and then choose the restore version i want, itunes goes through the extracting file, and then gets the white and blue strip with the words preparing iphone for restore, after aprox 3 mins i get this msg: the iphone "iphone" could not be restored, unknow erroe (1604)... if i get it to enter DFU by pressing sleep + home for 10 secs etc.. when i press restore the screen goes to white and then i get the apple logo without the thingy that is supposed to be turning under it... and if i press restore when the phone is displaying the itunes and cable logo, i dont get the white screen, it jumps directly to apple logo and also without the turning thing...

when the iphone has the itunes and cable logo,iNdependence sees it as if it is in DFU mode. but when it has the apple logo, it says, Diconnected: waiting for iphone.

AppTapp cant kick it out of DFU or the apple logo... it keeps on running the white and blue strip with the msg: this will take 2,3 mins etc.......

ibrickr same as iNdependence, apple logo=no iphone connected, itunes and cable logo=iphone connected, i press the diagnose(i dont remember exactly, im a mac user but i had to switch to windows for this iphone, anyway) when i press this button, it gives me the RED screen, so ibrickr reads thats this iphone has no problems and that it can be restored normaly, i go to itunes while keeping ibrckr open (and another time i tried it while ibrickr is closed) try to restore... guess what! ERROR 1604!!!!!!!

im willing to open the iphone, i already took off the antenna plastic cover, but i dont know if opening it will help.

one more thing, when the iphone has the apple logo, it stays on forever, and no matter how long i press the sleep button, it wont turn off, so i have to make it enter DFU, and then press sleep for 3 secs, it will turn on again and then give the itunes and cable logo, and then after like 1 minute max, it turns off alone.

im soooo sorry for this long long explanation... but i think if u knew everything that is happening then u might find a way to help me...
    can anyone help me? im willing to do anything.... i once read that if itunes can recognize the iphone, then nothing will brick it.. but it seems that whoever said that is wrong... but again.. i hope I am wrong and that there is some hope.....

i live faaaaaar away from USA... so plz dont suggest that i get a replacement...

Thank u for ur time

Thanks

Uninstall iTunes and re-install with the latest version. It wont give you the two errors you mentioned

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    my iphone is either stuck on the apple logo, or the itunes and cable logo!

i tried every trick in the book... different versions of itunes, downloaded all .ipsw versions from version 1.0.0 till 1.1.2, tried windows and mac... nothing is working.. a bit of background:

it is not mine (im trying to fix it) so here's what i was told: it was version 1.0.2 and working good untill one day whenever i make an outgoing phone call, i get Call Failed, i verginized and updated to 1.1.1 and activated and jailbroke, from installer i downloaded anysim and when i pressed it, the phone restarted and get stuck on the apple logo.

what i have found out: sometimes restore errors out with error (1) and sometimes with error (1604) but most of the time (1604)... when i choose restore and then choose the restore version i want, itunes goes through the extracting file, and then gets the white and blue strip with the words preparing iphone for restore, after aprox 3 mins i get this msg: the iphone "iphone" could not be restored, unknow erroe (1604)... if i get it to enter DFU by pressing sleep + home for 10 secs etc.. when i press restore the screen goes to white and then i get the apple logo without the thingy that is supposed to be turning under it... and if i press restore when the phone is displaying the itunes and cable logo, i dont get the white screen, it jumps directly to apple logo and also without the turning thing...

when the iphone has the itunes and cable logo,iNdependence sees it as if it is in DFU mode. but when it has the apple logo, it says, Diconnected: waiting for iphone.

AppTapp cant kick it out of DFU or the apple logo... it keeps on running the white and blue strip with the msg: this will take 2,3 mins etc.......

ibrickr same as iNdependence, apple logo=no iphone connected, itunes and cable logo=iphone connected, i press the diagnose(i dont remember exactly, im a mac user but i had to switch to windows for this iphone, anyway) when i press this button, it gives me the RED screen, so ibrickr reads thats this iphone has no problems and that it can be restored normaly, i go to itunes while keeping ibrckr open (and another time i tried it while ibrickr is closed) try to restore... guess what! ERROR 1604!!!!!!!

im willing to open the iphone, i already took off the antenna plastic cover, but i dont know if opening it will help.

one more thing, when the iphone has the apple logo, it stays on forever, and no matter how long i press the sleep button, it wont turn off, so i have to make it enter DFU, and then press sleep for 3 secs, it will turn on again and then give the itunes and cable logo, and then after like 1 minute max, it turns off alone.

im soooo sorry for this long long explanation... but i think if u knew everything that is happening then u might find a way to help me...
    can anyone help me? im willing to do anything.... i once read that if itunes can recognize the iphone, then nothing will brick it.. but it seems that whoever said that is wrong... but again.. i hope I am wrong and that there is some hope.....

i live faaaaaar away from USA... so plz dont suggest that i get a replacement...

Thank u for ur time
    i dont think openening it will help...try winstaller if u have a PC to kick it out of DFU mode...u can download winstaller in the install section. When u open winstaller just press activate and it will take you to ur activate iPhone screen. Then try to restore again after u do what revan told u too

i tried updating itunes on my brothers computer to 7.5 and tried to restore.. and it didnt work.. revan do u suggest that i DELETE itunes and then install it again? i have 7.4.2 on my macbook and i have a fuly functional 1.1.1 and im happy with it and with this itunes... if u ARE suggesting the delete and install method, will i be able to install 7.4.2 again? if i get it from old apps website...???

Default Try this it might work
    Hi dont know if this will help or wether you have the sim card in the fone but others say if you remove the sim card, reboot iphone and reboot pc then retry restore it may work .

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=102145
    Read this it may help

winstaller didnt work.. i downloaded it and extracted the files.. everytime i double click any .exe file.. it gives me an error... i changed the itunes from 7.5 to 7.4 because that is the requirments for it right?

nothing worked... still getting the 1604 error... what if i disconnect the battery and then connect it again.. coz i dont think the phone it turning off...

ipod cannot be restored.. erroer -14.. or error -8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats going on!!!!
    Last edited by hosies; 2007-11-29 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same problem trying to restore BUT after 8 times finally itunes restore my phone.
    keep trying and download the firmware to your PC,is safer and faster.

tried 20 times. nothing but 1604. Tried every versions of itunes. installing and uninstalling a undered of times.. stopping and restaring all apple services. On more than 4-5 computers.. All usb ports. Both DFU mode, the full white screen trick, nothing else but 1604. So, AM I BRICKED?

I had a similar issue.. I had to restart my computer & restore my phone.. it worked without a problem thereafter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

plz tell me if u got a solution for this problem

Thanks

he solved it by replacing it

Have you tried the Ziphone3.0?

It worked for a friend of me who had the same problem.

At least its worth a try.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Thanks

doesnt work

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe ziphone 2.5 refurbish?

This is from 2007! Read the date people!

I know it's old but i'd like to know what happened. It would be great if these people who start topics actually post again once their problem is fixed instead of keeping it to themselves has it been solved.

I have a similar case:

"Hello to all you mac gurus out there, this is my last resort. I had to restore my iPhone recently and it was at 2.0 unlocked etc. The problem is iTunes upgrade it to 2.0.1 at the same time. I had a locked phone after that but a working one none the less. I needed to unlock it again and i used Pwnage Tool i did a custom firmware of 2.0.1 i believe and it worked once BUT, when the phone restarted to load the bootloader it gave me an error. I was still able to use the phone at that point but not to make calls. I tried restoring the firmware again without success, it started giving me the dreaded 1604 error. I tried once more but did a wipe/new custom firmware and i think that might have put an incomplete firmware on my iPhone. Right now i tried all 3 different computers, plenty different USB ports, NVRAM reset, different itunes versions with different firmwares. I can't get past the apple logo with the spinning wheel at the bottom while in itunes it's saying "preparing iPhone for restore" then after maybe 3 minutes, sometimes less i get the damn 1604 error. I have used AppZap to remove all the itunes components and such before i install a different version still to no success. Also before anyone starts suggesting, it's not because of the DFU mode, i'm 100% sure it's in the right DFU mode and not recovery. Anyone have anymore ideas? One more thing, when i turn the iphone on, it starts with the pineapple logo and then stays on the russian steve jobs."

hey guys,
    I've been trying everything for 2 days now.
    And finally one thing helped me to get out of this endless restoring - getting 1604 or 1611 or whatever error pops up depending on itunes version and firmware version.

Now I simply tried the latest pwnage tool for mac and created a custom 2.0.1 ipsw and NOW IT WORKS!

It is really unbelievable for me, but after appr. 20min of restoring process I was patiently waiting for an error to come up, but nothing! It is now running on 2.0.1.

Try this!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to feelx2210 For This Useful Post:

xboxaug04 (2008-09-05)

feelx2210,

Thanks for sharing your case. I followed the same steps, that is instead of following to troubleshoot 1604, when I opted for pwnage (winpwn for me, as I am Windows user), I was able to get my iphone un-bricked. I cannot forget those horrible 4 hrs when my lovely iphone was bricked.

now it's upgraded to ver 2 and loving using the activesync for emails
    Thanks again

okay so i have the same exact problem the OP has or had... who knows. but with a few minor differences. it originally started as a 1619 error in 7.7 then it went to a (1) error in 7.4.2/7.5 and nothing else. iTunes will also not recognize the phone when it has the connect to itunes screen up. only when i turn it off and put the phone into what i think is DFU.

And when i say i think, its mainly because it looks like its in DFU mode but iTunes just says recovery mode.

I also tried that winstaller or whatever, it doesnt detect the iphone, and crashes when the iphone is in 'DFU' mode.

and i did the whole sim card thing and that doesnt work... so what next?

EDIT

oh and i almost forgot... itunes is calling it an ipod for some reason...
    Last edited by scoggs; 2008-09-05 at 05:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast