Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hardware help, broke my iPhone, shattered the screen!!!

Default Hardware help, broke my iPhone, shattered the screen!!!
    what do you guys think... can you just replace the glass, or do you need to do the whole lcd/digitizer/glass combo.......?

Ouch! How did you manage to do that? If you can turn it on and use the touch screen w/o any issues, you should only need to purchase the glass.

that's a scratch allright... well, come on, share the story with us

well, i pulled it out of my pocket, slipped, dropped it, face down onto concrete...... did more damage than i was expecting!!!!! i think because there were already 2 small scratches in it that affected the phones structural integrity... but yeh, big crash!

Is it possible to change the front glass only... does it come away from the lcd with screws..??

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

U need to change LCD display. I did that. My phone fell down the same. I went to a fixing shop and they did it for me.

the lcd seems fine, and the quote i got was 130+VAT.... could get expensive!!

can you just change the front glass, there seem to be lots of front glass on ebay?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn..sorry For Your Loss Bro...

It Just Shows Those Testings On Youtube People Do Don't Mean ****

here is a 2 step process for you to try - first one worked fine for me, second one works fine for others.

#1. Call Apple iPhone support. Now you have to do a little acting with this one, telling them how good you have treated it and how you need this phone for a business of some sort. I did this ( a little more acting than described here) and a few days later had a brand new phone.
    #2. If and IF ONLY the touch still works fine on your phone even with the broken glass, go on eBay and purchase a new glass front for 10-12 bucks plus shipping, scrape away the old glass with a razor blade being really carful about the LCD underneath and then clean and slide the new glass over the top of the LCD. Takes a little bit of time but no diss-assembly required.

Let me know how this works for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 300cawddub For This Useful Post:

mjmills (2008-06-09)

Quote Originally Posted by 300cawddub View Post
    here is a 2 step process for you to try - first one worked fine for me, second one works fine for others.

#1. Call Apple iPhone support. Now you have to do a little acting with this one, telling them how good you have treated it and how you need this phone for a business of some sort. I did this ( a little more acting than described here) and a few days later had a brand new phone.
    #2. If and IF ONLY the touch still works fine on your phone even with the broken glass, go on eBay and purchase a new glass front for 10-12 bucks plus shipping, scrape away the old glass with a razor blade being really carful about the LCD underneath and then clean and slide the new glass over the top of the LCD. Takes a little bit of time but no diss-assembly required.

Let me know how this works for you.
    Thanks for this!!!!

really helpful, just one question, how do it secure the new glass in, and when you say razor, do you literally mean a razor blade?

Just broke mine today to how do you get the new screen to stay on? they say the new glass dose not come with glue!!

Initiative you fool!use some kind of glue or tape mate!

nice try.. but i dont need getto iphone.. Any one with a with a real solution..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The REAL solution is to pay apple $150 for a new screen and get yourself a case to protect your $400 phone!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Volpar (2008-06-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The REAL solution is to pay apple $150 for a new screen and get yourself a case to protect your $400 phone!
    thats cool idea hear your thanks. any body have replaced the screen them self please send me a email.. thank you

big help
    Last edited by Volpar; 2008-06-09 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost