Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Signal status 1.1.4 - is it bootload problem?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No Signal status 1.1.4 - is it bootload problem?
    So close but yet so far..

my iphone is 1.1.4, upgraded from 1.1.2 OTB
    my baseband is 04.04.05 G
    and my current bootloader is 4.6 (week 46)
    I used Liberty+ to 'unlock'/activate/jailbreak (did this 'successfully' - thru to 'enjoy' at the end)

My problem is that everything on the iphone seems to be fine except that I have a NO SIGNAL status that appears where my carrier (optus australia) should be and I cant make/receive calls or sms.

Can anyone advise what I should do? Is this a bootload issue? very confused..
    Do I need to downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9?

many thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This is a baseband issue. The baseband = modem firmware (what you talk on) You can try and download and install bootneuter to reflash your baseband. The other method would be to restore and use iLiberty to re-jailbreak/unlock. Use the downgrade bootloader to 3.9FB option so your "Locate Me" feature will work in Maps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

sneaky squirrel (2008-06-07)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks poseidon79, used the bootneuter to unlock! signal is now working!!! very excited!!

i just used pwnage to jailbreak my phone and everything but my phone and sms is working. Do I have to restore?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i just used pwnage to jailbreak my phone and everything but my phone and sms is working. Do I have to restore?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Check the Poseidon79 posts above about using bootneuter.

i had this same problem, and not even that worked. i have a neutered 3.9 fakeblank now, as it said i should. i still have no signal, 0 bars but it doesn't say "no signal". wifi works.

edit: i did something i never really wanted to do. because i'm already an at&t customer i never wanted to mess with unlocking my baseband. i didn't have to, my phone has been through several restores and always worked fine.
    but i did it anyway as a last resort, with bootneuter, and everything works just fine now. i'm gonna test everything about before i start customizing and stuff.
    Last edited by zeph; 2008-06-28 at 08:50 PM.