Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone EBAY Remove iTunes Account?!?!?1

Thanks

Default iPhone EBAY Remove iTunes Account?!?!?1
    ok, my iPhones on ebay like many other people right now.

1 thing, i restored my phone, thought all was cushty, looking through it for 1 last time and noticed that my itunes account automatically gets updated to the iphone.

i dont want the buyer of my iphone to have my itunes account, he could spend loads of my !!!!

is there a way to jailbreak/unlock/activate without adding an itunes account or removing the itunes account?

i did search but couldnt find anything ... if someone could point me in the right direction...

im sure most people have either had this problem already or have it right now...

thanks

when you activate the iphone set it up as a new iphone not as one that you have backed up

Thanks

to run iLiberty, the phone has to be connected/recognised by itunes.

unplug the phone, replug in, itunes recognises, run iliberty.

unplug after process finishes, jailbreak/unlocked/activated phone.

havent synced as new phone or backed up as old, havent done anything in itunes yet my itunes account is on the phone.
    can you remove this?

i really hope loads of you guys havent sold your phones with your itunes accounts on still......

maybe you can activate without the SIM in it,jailbreak and unlock.Then setup ITunes NOT to automatically sync. Close itunes and reopen itunes and when it recognizes your phone, uncheck your library,contacts, pictures, in other words "depersonalize" it, then resync and all your stuff should be wiped off. I recently sold my itouch and did that(except the phone part) and the buyer was able to setup the touch to his itunes no problem. But as I say, I never did it with a phone so I can't swear by it.

Thanks

the problem isnt them setting the phone up in itunes.

as soon as i plug the iphone in after jailbreak it asks me to set up as new phone/backup of old phone.

i choose NEITHER.

before i do this, the itunes account is already there at the bottom when you open itunes.

i dont believe i am the only one having this problem??.... i might aswell give my credit card to the buyer and let him download as much music as he wishes.....

Well wouldn't the buyer see the same options when he plugs it in to his computer? If you don't do anything after the jailbreak(don't plug it in to itunes), when the buyer plugs it into their computer, the phone would be empty and they would set it up as new on their computer. The only thing I'm wondering is if you used the original SIM card for an account, you maybe should keep that and sell it without a SIM?

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

Thanks

its not the sim, and for iliberty to start working and doing its thing, the phone needs to be recognised by itunes.

so you restore to 1.1.4, phone restarts, then you wait till iphone is recognised by itunes before iliberty will run.

furthermore, you must be connected to the internet as for itunes to connect to the iphone, for iliberty to work, itunes must CONNECT to the itunes store.

then iliberty will run, then your phone is jailbreak/unlock/activated.

there is no work around this that i can find?!?!?!?!?!

Have you tried your iPhone on someone elses iTunes? I bought my iPhone off ebay and never use the native iTunes, but I just checked it and it has my iTunes account name in it. I assume it sync's the data when you synch with iTunes to add your music etc.

I suppose in theory if you sell it and the buyer does not synch the iPhone straight away then they could go into the native iTunes and your account would be there? To be totally safe the only thing I can think to do is to DFU restore, jailbreak and then SSH and delete the iTunes app before selling, leaving the buyer to restore in order to get it back (without your data)
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

This topic has aroused an intense curiosity in me! I had to look around,(yeah google!). Tell us if this what your lookin for and if it helps...

Securely wipe your iPhone the guide ! » iPhone Breaking News, iPhone Hacks » iPhoneFreakz

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

Thanks

looks legit enough. thanks for your time, will be pressing thanks and will try this before i sell it.
    however, i believe for the phone to be activated it must be linked to an itunes account.

this means if you have sold your iphone already, or are planning to, the buyer can technically use your itunes account to download 'X' amount of music before they sync with their own itunes. as soon as they sync with their own itunes, your account gets wiped over.

but, there is a gap that they can use your itunes account for.

if you have sold your iphone already, i suppose you better cross your fingers, and if not, i guess you better hope the above fix works.

some input from other people that have already sold their phones would be good........

i dont believe this hasnt come up already aswell......

found this here on MMi:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/wiki-di...ml#post1188691

need to restore after the process so i guess this is not a real fix either.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Have you tried your iPhone on someone elses iTunes? I bought my iPhone off ebay and never use the native iTunes, but I just checked it and it has my iTunes account name in it. I assume it sync's the data when you synch with iTunes to add your music etc.

I suppose in theory if you sell it and the buyer does not synch the iPhone straight away then they could go into the native iTunes and your account would be there? To be totally safe the only thing I can think to do is to DFU restore, jailbreak and then SSH and delete the iTunes app before selling, leaving the buyer to restore in order to get it back (without your data)
    leaving the new owner to restore wouldnt sell so well on ebay considering there are guys there selling jailbroke phone with like a billion apps, which i havent done either.

and for a complete and utter iphone noob to do the restore/jailbreak, may be quite a tiresome process.

there are over 200 iphones on ebay right now and hundreds have sold in the last week or so.

what are all these guys doing that im missing????!!!!

ive come to the assumption that when you activate it in iliberty it kinda syncs your itunes with the iphone (just the itunes account), however, when you sync (i.e. buyer plugs into itunes for first time and sets up as new phone), the account will be switched over to their itunes account.

quite a window there for someone to use my itunes account and buy anything they want from my account.
    Last edited by reeko; 2008-06-08 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Have you tried doing a full DFU mode restore on another computer which doesn't have your iTunes account

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Thanks

on my dads computer ye, and it then had his itunes account on it.

dont think it would work but maybe deauthorise the itunes account and then restore + rejailbreak etc.

doubt it would work though because the phone contacts the itunes store between restore / jailbreak.

signout in itunes and remove simcard before the jailbreak, works a treat
    Last edited by reeko; 2008-06-08 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for the info Reeko! There's always a way for anything

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

My iPhone I got off ebay was rammed with the old owners junk, including a raft of text messages (some explicit!) his e-mail account a safari bookmark list that went on forever and his e-mail account. None of it was very interesting, I just ssh'd my iPod Touch preference across to the iPhone to clear his junk and put mine on. I never thought about the iTunes bit because I prefer to use my computer for downloads and then sync them across, I don't trust my iPod or iPhone to put anything downloaded on them back onto my computer (I know they do, but just in case).

I guess most people selling iPhones on ebay have not thought about this, in the UK many people bought the price drop iPhones just to Jailbreak and then resell as unlocked. I guess the only other option is to back up your computer iTunes account, blank it and create a fresh one without payment details (or if it needs them mess up the numbers so the payment can't go through) and then sync that with the iPhone. A bit of a pain messing around but as you have pointed out better then someone downloading tons of songs on your account.

Also - if someone did use your account on the iPhone they got of ebay to download songs, when they then sync with iTunes those songs would be wiped so it would cost you for the songs but they would not get to keep them?
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Thanks

ye thats right, you would pay for the songs, but in the end they would lose them.

i have found out how to do it, just sign out of itunes and remove simcard before the jailbreak but after the restore.

just think how many people have just plain restored and sold their phones like this though.....

I know this is old but incase anyone runs into this problem like i just did. simply go into the settings and "RESET ALL SETTINGS" and it will then ask you to supply your existing account info or create a new one when you go to make a purchase from the app store or itunes store. it will NOT have your account on file though.