Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Need Help Asap...please Guys...yes Im A Noob

Default I Need Help Asap...please Guys...yes Im A Noob
    ok so i have my iphone 8g 1.1.4 pawnd and i have tmobile service....so heres the problem.....my home button works fine and so does the home screen. i touch an app and it opens but then its as if my screen is frozen, not able to use any app whatsoever...and it is very frustrating....i cant restore my phone in itunes cuz its unlocked for tmobile so what should i do????

please help....

Try putting it into DFU mode and re-pwning it from scratch. You don't have to worry about losing your unlocked status b/c pwnage tool / winpwn will re-unlock it for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MooneyFWD For This Useful Post:

jslipper (2008-06-06)

Quote Originally Posted by jslipper View Post
    ok so i have my iphone 8g 1.1.4 pawnd and i have tmobile service....so heres the problem.....my home button works fine and so does the home screen. i touch an app and it opens but then its as if my screen is frozen, not able to use any app whatsoever...and it is very frustrating....i cant restore my phone in itunes cuz its unlocked for tmobile so what should i do????

please help....
    Do this:

1. Let’s get into DFU Mode. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding both buttons down)
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    4. Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Re pwn your iphone
    Last edited by hiflyer; 2008-06-05 at 11:37 PM. Reason: edit post:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

jslipper (2008-06-06)

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

also in iTunes set up as new phone u lose notes and txts but it just gives better chance at a nice jailbreak
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

jslipper (2008-06-06)

And when you do rejailbrake, don't install Dock/Kate/Stacks, you can install Kate if your careful, but all of those apps are known to cause loss of touch in applications.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kylecchh For This Useful Post:

jslipper (2008-06-06)

thanks guys...yeah i did download kate and i think thats what did it.....you all helped alot