Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Streaming video from WebCam....

Arrow Streaming video from WebCam....
    Ok, has anyone tryed to stream video from a webcam to the iPhone, i'd like to stream from a webcam that i don't use on my Bar, so i can see what's going on when im not around...Also to check on the dog's at the house.... Using xp-vista on both machines.... Anybody out there that can help???

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

hmmm interesting idea. Well depending on i guess the type of webcams and software you have. I might look into this as well. Dunno how well it will work with regular webcams not unless you can assign an IP to them. At my work we have our cameras run to a central hub and i have them hooked to the internet as well, so my boss can view the cameras from his laptop at home or done the shore, but i doubt it will work on an iphone do to security measures for the cameras

3. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

Drethedog (2007-08-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Drethedog View Post
    Ok, has anyone tryed to stream video from a webcam to the iPhone, i'd like to stream from a webcam that i don't use on my Bar, so i can see what's going on when im not around...Also to check on the dog's at the house.... Using xp-vista on both machines.... Anybody out there that can help???
    I have a Canon VB-C50iR IP camera and am able to view the camera images as a still image. I can tell the web page to reload to refresh the camera image via the VB-c50iR web page.

Since we don't have flash or java support on the iPhone browser I can't watch the streaming video. Once Apple gives us Flash I'll be able to view the streaming video via Flash using WebcamXP to feed the video to the internet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dafuser For This Useful Post:

Drethedog (2007-08-09)

Maybe ORB could help us.... if i only knew a way to feed the video from a webcam to orb i think it would be easy to get it running on the Iphone....

Default Streaming videos from webcam
    YES YOU CAN stream videos from ur webcam to your iPhone Ive done it!! its called Remote Desktop for your iPhone. go to www. everythingiphone.com for more info on downloading the program.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Wow informative. link direct to the post or the site please thanks!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    omg i agree..thats the vague crap ever

Here you go, follow the instructions carefully on the link. http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...latform=iphone

Yeah for me i use that program for Instant Messaging Webcam with my friends. itz kinda like iChat exempt remote desktop. lol..
    Last edited by azndrew2; 2007-09-01 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah if it would be for Mac i would pay.. hey poetic do you know anyone who would make it. I would donate

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

telekinesis would do the same thing...open up photobooth and leave it on or quicktime and forward your ports on your router for the program and you can view your camera, stream video all that stuff...

Ok, That's what i've been doing to watch my webcam....
    First download and install RDM+ remote desktop for mobiles from here: http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...latform=iphone
    After you have that set up, download this one FSCamView, it gets the feed from any webcam and show it full screen: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Windows...SCamView.shtml

I left the icon for the FSCamView on my desktop so i use the RDM to connect and doubleclick it, i get a Fairly decent frame rate around 1 fps but it disconects after 10 seconds, i haven't found the why yet but i'm working on it..... Give a try and let me know if it works.... peace out....

Ok, i found out that not using the FSCamView and just sizing the AMCAP view window (from my GE webcam) i get better quality and it doesn't disconnect anymore... It's pretty cool....
    Last edited by Drethedog; 2007-09-05 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i dunno if you guys have figured this out yet or not. but 'remote buddy' has just released an update on their software, and it allows the iphone to control your mac like usual, but they have added the isight video to it. ive tested it on my phone and it works perfect. i have set my isight to watch my puppy, and forwarded my ports and i can monitor him from anywhere on wifi. it crashes on me everytime on edge, but thats expected, way too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Wow, "↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A [select] [start]" I haven't seen that in a long time. For some reason that cheat code has been embeded in my brain since the 80's. Contra... oh yeah. Thanks for the memories!

Thanks

isn't there an app on the appstore that does this, I seen it the other day but it works of mac only

Look for vlc4Iphone beta V.99 , install in your v2+ firmware.
    Get a free no-ip.org account
    use your pc / mac with vlc installed to stream your webcam to the "WWW"
    type your new domain name in the vlc4Ipnone playlist and you will be able to see it from anywhere in the world.
    Tip, transcode the stream to a low enough resolution in VLC so your Iphone and your upstream bandwidth can live together.

regards