Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another OMG PLEASE HELP!!! Upgraded 1.1.2 stuck at apple logo!

Default Upgraded 1.1.2 stuck at apple logo! Advice/help appreciated
    Hi All,

I think i've royally screwed myself this time round with my doings. Upgraded from 1.1.1 on the weekend to 1.1.2 and was playing around with the AppSupport framework file. Thing was, I copied the new file in and forgot to rename it (left it with .patched), deleted the original AppSupport file and rebooted...

Thing was, the phone never rebooted. Am assuming it's looking for the (now) non-existant AppSupport file. It's stuck at the silver apple logo (and just never moves.

My question is, is there any way I can copy the file onto the iPhone without having to do a full restore. At one stage I could still run iPHUC, but I know nuts about what commands to actually use. Can i copy to the iPhone when it's in recovery mode?

More worringly is that now my WinXP machine keeps on telling me USB Device not Recognized. I'll try to reboot, but don't know how thing's will pan out.

---------
    Another question...If i do manage to get iTunes to recognise recovery mode again, for the jailbreak, do I then hv downgrade to 1.1.1 again (jailbreak, oktoprep, upgrade), or is there an easier way?
    ----
    Update: Ok, so I decided to go for the restore 1.1.1 again, except now it's giving me the "Unknown Error (6)" when I'm trying to do so. I've managed to restore 1.1.2 again. So now i've got a Unlocked but un-jailbroken 1.1.2 (ie still useless) which I can't seem to restore to 1.1.1.

Has anyone else faced the same issue? I've been searching around and the best I can find is that I have to create a new user account (I'm using WinXP) and try again. Tried that, didn't work. I'm using iTunes 7.4.2
    Last edited by Great_Cookie; 2007-11-28 at 03:57 PM. Reason: more accurate

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

Before you do anything else, try if you can still SSH into the iPhone to upload the appsupport file again! Octal 0755.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

Hey Fresh,

Unfortunately SSH isn't responding... Think it's been turned off.

Almost getting to the end of my tether now...

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

Downgrade to 1.1.1 (eventhough you get error 1015) and reboot it with ibrickr....that should do the trick.

Hi Shake,

Yeah. that's what I was thinking... It's a last resort option for me though as I've got some work stuff on the phone that I hadn't synced yet. Do you know off-hand whether it's possible to copy files to the iPhone via iPHUC whilst the phone is in Recovery mode? What I'm thinking is that if i can just copy the file over manually, that'd solve my problem right there...

Call me hard to please.. :P

Appreciate your assistance!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Downgrade to 1.1.1 (eventhough you get error 1015) and reboot it with ibrickr....that should do the trick.
    This is a good start.
    He means restore to 1.1.1 and get it out of restore mode after the update with iBrickr. Ignore error 1015 indeed.

This is according to our guide at http://***************
    Follow the rest of the steps and exclude the anySIM step!
    Your modem firmware (baseband) is still unlocked!

You should be ready to make calls again quickly.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

Hey again Fresh,

So, the best answer is to basically re-perform the upgrade again by restoring to 1.1.1 -> Jailbreak and oktoprep 1.1.1 -> Upgrade to 1.1.2 again?

It's the jailbreaking the 1.1.1 i'm worried about again. connectivity to jailbreakme.com for me was absolutely horrible the other night. Took me 2hr to get it to work properly.

Thanks

Hey Great Cookie,

Shouldn't be too difficult.
    AppSnapp (www.jailbreakme.com) can be tough sometimes. Try leaving the iPhone connected to the computer with iTunes running while performing AppSnapp on the iPhone.
    No need to run anySIM again though, no need to install BSD, just install Oktoprep right after the jailbreak.
    After updating to 1.1.2, jailbreak with the updated jailbreak software. You can download it from MMi (probably) or http://*************** under the 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 upgrade guide.

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

Great_Cookie (2007-11-28)

Thanks Fresh...

Will probably try that later tonight...

Will try doing a bit more research about the iPHUC command line thing though beforehand. See whether that brings me any hope.

You've been thanked!

Thanks

Don't take any risk! I've tested our updated (shorter than before guide) today and it's okay. You always PM me for support, or even MSN.
    A quick down-/upgrade is the best solution i.m.h.o.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

1st post updated...

Basically, i've tried to restore down to 1.1.1 again, but am facing an "Unknown Error (6)" to the best of my knowlege is only solveable by creating installing a new iTunes user account (I'm using WinXP) on iTune 7.4.2. When I tried restoring, unknown error would come up then give me the DFU mode again. Both iPHUC as well as iBrickr could not get it out of recovery mode.

However, i DID mange to restore to 1.1.2 so now i'm sitting on a 1.1.2 Unlocked but Jailed iPhone. Still useless though. That'll teach me to play around with Appsupport.

dude..

when u see the unknown error (6) open ibrickr and boot the phone..

AppSnapp (www.jailbreakme.com) can be tough sometimes. Try leaving the iPhone connected to the computer with iTunes running while performing AppSnapp on the iPhone.

and then run the jailbreak 1.1.2 batch file