Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help my iphone is stuck in recovery mode.

Default Help my iphone is stuck in recovery mode.
    Ok my iphone is stuck in recovery mode, I looked in the other page about this but their problem was a bit different to mine.

Ok I have an activated, jailbroken iPhone 1.1.4 It has been running fine and just this morning I turned it on and It was in recovery mode. I tryed restarthing it I tryed restarting it in normal mode with Ziphone and I tryed restoring it, but nothing.tried restarting it I tried restarting it in normal mode with Ziphone and I tried restoring it, but nothing.

Does any one know how to help me.
    Last edited by Melonking; 2008-06-05 at 05:53 PM. Reason: PLEEESSSS HELP

ibricker will do it

ads

Quote Originally Posted by ads1230 View Post
    ibricker will do it

ads
    I have a mac, what is the mac version of this?

Please guys could any one help, I have tried every thing I can find and nothing is working. I tried deleting the files in the library and re downloading the firmware but nothing is working. I am running on a Mac OSX 10.5.3 the iPhone is 1.1.4 does any one know what will fix my iphone.

I think it happened because I installed too many apps.
    Last edited by Melonking; 2008-06-04 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Melonking View Post
    I have a mac, what is the mac version of this?

Please guys could any one help, I have tried every thing I can find and nothing is working. I tried deleting the files in the library and re downloading the firmware but nothing is working. I am running on a Mac OSX 10.5.3 the iPhone is 1.1.4 does any one know what will fix my iphone.

I think it happened because I installed too many apps.
    Put it DFU mode:

1. Connect to the computer, Hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    2. After the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see you iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    4. Now iTunes should see your iPhone and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

5. Set up as New Phone
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Put it DFU mode:

1. Connect to the computer, Hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    2. After the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see you iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    4. Now iTunes should see your iPhone and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
    Eventually you'll get tired of typing all that out

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Eventually you'll get tired of typing all that out
    hahahahaha.. sooo true "Search DFU"
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

No, that is not working, It just says an error accrued.

Plezzzz Why Wont Any One Help Me I Have Asked In So Many Places I Need Help. Wont Somebody Help Me.
    Last edited by Melonking; 2008-06-05 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You said "I've tried restoring, but nothing". Be more specific. What message does iTunes give you? Also... if you put the phone in DFU mode CORRECTLY, the only way to get it out is an iTunes restore... so what happened?