View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell it now and take a chance

    4 57.14%
  • Wait to be sure then sell it

    2 28.57%
  • Neither, keep it.

    1 14.29%
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: I'm from canada, should I sell my current iPhone?

  1. #1
    Default I'm from canada, should I sell my current iPhone?
    Hi everyone. I'm from canada and I own an iPhone. I posted an add on kijiji just to see if I could easily sell my iPhone. I got bid up to 500$ Now the problem. We all know next monday = 3g iPhone. I'll probably go to the US to buy one. But, if I sell my iPhone now, may be the 3g will only be released on July. But if I wait until July to sell it, people will know about the 3g iPhone so mine will sell lower. What shuold I do? Sell it now (and take a chance) or wait and sell for lower? Thanks for taking your time to read this

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 78 Times in 66 Posts

    Does rogers even support 3G or any other GMS canadian carriers? If not, there's not gonna be much of an advantage for you if you buy the 3G iPhone. When people buy the new iPhones and find out they can't be unlocked for a while, the price of unlocked iPhones will go up. I suggest you wait it out, because there will probably be a price drop in a few months too.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:

    Rivest (2008-06-04)

  4. #3
    Yes it does support 3G. But yes the unlock part is also bugging me. I hope and think it will not be too long as there is so much hope in this phone a lot of DEV team will surely work hard on the unlock part. I could wait a week or two.

  5. #4
    lol I already sold mine on eBay and I am with AT&T so if the 3G iPhoe comes out and it is not unlockable for a while I will be good. I just hope it is jailbreakable soon. I thought they already had the 2.0 firmware unlocked already jailbroken though?

  6. #5
    It's done, I've sold it. 500$

  7. #6
    im with fido in canada and ill wait to sell it because the data plans for iphone 3g will be sooo high lol

  8. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life Aiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    -heaven- San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,236
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 104 Times in 91 Posts

    i sold my, but now i want it back T_T

    If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiyo View Post
    i sold my, but now i want it back T_T
    Almost same for me. I've called Rogers and they told me I will ''probably'' be able to buy the iPhone and add it on a family plan. Also, rumors are going that we may be able to activate it at home. Rogers also told me we'll be able to buy the iPhone with a 1,2 or 3 year contract. So I'm waiting for official information from Rogers to see if I buy a new iPhone 3g or a iPhone 2g.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •