Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Glass replacement

Default Glass replacement
    I hope I'm posting in the right forum. Anyways I'm having an issue replacing the glass on the iphone, and I was wondering if anyone has done it before here? My main issue is that after I took off the old glass with a razor blade the touch screen for the most part works when it wants to usually if i push down somewhere on the top half. The entire bottom row no longer wants to respond, and the LCD has a small crack on the bottom left corner. At first it didn't want to respond at all, but after messing with it for a bit I finally got something to respond. Sometimes I could press on an icon, and the one above it or two above it would activate as if it was uncalibrated. It hasn't done that in a little while, but it the system gets slow every now and then.

Are there certain points where the glass has to touch the body in order for the entire screen to work, or does it not matter? I thought maybe the adhesive holding down the old glass would act as a conductor of some sorts, but I think I've read somewhere that someone replaced theirs without even gluing the screen to the LCD plus those who use a plastic piece in replacement of the glass one. Please does anyone know anything in regards to this? I fear I'll have to replace the entire display with I don't have terrible regard for, but am hoping there is something I can do before I decide to walk that path. Since the screen sorta works still I thought there might be some hope left. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Aaron

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i have no idea but check this thread http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...glass-diy.html

he seemed to get his to work
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!