Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get the voicemail little red dot to go away!

Unhappy Can't get the voicemail little red dot to go away!
    hey when I first got my iPhone I kept my att sim inside(wasn't activated). I used ziphone unlocked it took the att sim card out I took the tmobile sim out of my blackberry but I had a new voicemail that I never checked and when I inserted my sim everything worked perfectly but I saw the red vm dot I figured okay np I'll check it on my iPhone no biggie and so I did deleted it okay later on I got the dot again okay checked my vm and I said " I have no new messages " I'm like what the hell " and never was able get it to go away...

Any one here can help me out? Please...
    Username : l0uisz
    Device: 16GB iPhone [2G]
    Firmware: 2.2 [ FULLY UNLOCKED ]

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

thats sounds like a personal problem...lolol jkjk, prob had something to do with how you jailbroke cough*ziphone*cough.

Try takeing sim card out delete messages on iphone or check again. put sim in black berry and delete vm there to then put back in iphone see wht happens, not sure if this will work but you could try
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

I guess I'll have to ask my friend to lend it to me since I sold it up him, I'll try that any other suggestions?

Cycle Power on phone?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Here is what works go toed for me and my buddy. It is because your sim card is an old sim card and that is what is causing the red dot which means you have a voicemail when you really do not. All you have to do is go to T-Mobile or whoever your carrier is and tell them you lost your sim card and hey will give you a new one for free. After that the red dot will go away and it will never come back unless you really have a voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Cycle Power on phone?
    Tried that didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by dlubbat View Post
    Here is what works go toed for me and my buddy. It is because your sim card is an old sim card and that is what is causing the red dot which means you have a voicemail when you really do not. All you have to do is go to T-Mobile or whoever your carrier is and tell them you lost your sim card and hey will give you a new one for free. After that the red dot will go away and it will never come back unless you really have a voicemail
    Alright I think that might work I'll try the that after I try the blackberry thing.

If any of these two steps work I'll be back to thank u guys
    Last edited by l0uisz; 2008-06-03 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

are you sure dlubbat? mine jus shows it after every reboot of the iphone. some say its because of the fact that we dont have visual voice mail and that shows up to kinda show us voicemail is working properly?

if i get a new sim card, it'll stop doing this after every reboot or loss of service?
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

For me just power cycling the phone works, or once you check you vm and the red dot is still there try going to dial pad and press and hold 1 and that will call you vm, once you enter your passcode hang up and the red dot should go away!!! Works for me!
    8 gig iphone ver 1.1.3 jailbroken
    THis PHone RoCkS!!!!!

Thanks

A new sim should work.

i have the same problem but i just leave myself a voicemail than i go delete it and the dot goes away for a while...lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can also try resetting your network settings; under settings, general, reset, reset network settings...

Visual voice mail has nothing to do with this problem.

This worked for me:

I had the same problem with my pwned iphone. Called tmobile and the tech said to press the * (star) as soon as my voice mail greeting came up and then I was prompted to enter my mailbox password. From then on, after all messages were read the red dot went away....

Thanks

Good luck people. I wish you all the luck in the world dealing with this problem of ginormous proportions. I know it did keep me awake for 11 consecutive weeknights (Weekends I usually get shitfaced and fall asleep in some trash)
    To live, you have to lie