Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: safety pinning the speaker actually works.

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Default safety pinning the speaker actually works.
    My friend told me to get more sound out of the iphone speaker, get a safety pin, and punch shallow holes in the mest of the speaket thru the holes. He had me come over, listen to his iphone before the mod, lightly pusted the pin thru most of the holes, and just that quick, a nice difference in volume! I just did it with my new 16g iphone, and it seems like it has a mesh cover over it like a home speaker would. As you push the pin in, you feel it lightly penetrate the mesh, and your done. You barely have to push it in, and you get a noticeable difference. There is no change in sound quality, just more volume output. I know most would be scared, but seeing my friend do it 1st hand, and then I did it, I know its safe and effective.
    Something to try if you arent scared....it'll be a mod worth doing. My 16gb iphone's speaker output was better than my friends and my other iphone already, and this made it MUCH, MUCH better. I'm glad i did it!

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    yeh ikno there is a huge thread about how this works so well. its seriously like 8 pages long
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    yeh ikno there is a huge thread about how this works so well. its seriously like 8 pages long
    yea, but I just wanted to give a testimonial of a before and after I actually witnessed, and it did improve the sound before my ears and eyes. I wanted to let peeps know it is safe as long as a pin isnt jammed all the way in, like a railroad spike, but rather lightly finessed in, just until you feel the safety pin breach mesh cover
    Last edited by prouddad.215; 2008-06-03 at 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling again....typing too fast.

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    yeh i hear you i was just bustin on you a tad... it worked for me, but for some reason ppl still think everyone is crazy. like my warranty!! haha. Not gonna lie it took me a few days to build up the courage to do it .lol. its k me spll bad tooo
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sd
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts

    it works. i did it a few days ago, and now my phone is anoying loud sometimes lol

    almost wish i didn't do it, everything is seriously louder
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

    waitin on my white iphone 4

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    it works. i did it a few days ago, and now my phone is anoying loud sometimes lol

    almost wish i didn't do it, everything is seriously louder

    Yea, but now you can always just turn down the volume, and have that option to get it real loud. i just wish there was some kind of equalizer for adjusting the sound, because on some rap songs, the bass sounds like crap when played.

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    i think they a have suttin like that via installer, the EQ thing i mean
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    i think they a have suttin like that via installer, the EQ thing i mean
    I think I tried installing that, and nothing worked, or helped with sound adjustments.

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    well they guy who made the gameboy advance emulator and stuff is going to releas a new media player soon, so maybe that will have some features like that
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

    prouddad.215 (2008-06-03)

  11. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    well they guy who made the gameboy advance emulator and stuff is going to releas a new media player soon, so maybe that will have some features like that
    thats cool. I'll have to look out for that! thanks

  12. #11
    What you are doing is destroying the dust filter for the iPhone. Now dust can get it therefore ruining your speakers.

    I do not advise this.

  13. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HanMan5000 View Post
    What you are doing is destroying the dust filter for the iPhone. Now dust can get it therefore ruining your speakers.

    I do not advise this.
    hahahah whos this guy..?? haha Dust you say..? well mine has been like this for a while and iv noticed no problems, iv heard some ppl sayin dust gets under there screen, but thats so rare. and if does its time for a free replacement.. haha dust, have you seen the inside of your computer latly and that has moving parts.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  14. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HanMan5000 View Post
    What you are doing is destroying the dust filter for the iPhone. Now dust can get it therefore ruining your speakers.

    I do not advise this.
    yea, I know, but where are you keeping your iphone where dust can get into it? If you are worried about dust with your iphone, you better clean up. Besides, I dont think too much gan get in the speaker holes of the antenna cover let alone the microscopic pinholes poked into the speaker mesh. c'mon
    Besides, do you know what a speaker face looks like? I've taken my iphone apart to upgrade the battery, and seen the speaker while in there. There's no way really to damage it by getting anything on it via those holes.
    I appreciate your worry though

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    hahahah whos this guy..?? haha Dust you say..? well mine has been like this for a while and iv noticed no problems, iv heard some ppl sayin dust gets under there screen, but thats so rare. and if does its time for a free replacement.. haha dust, have you seen the inside of your computer latly and that has moving parts.
    Just saying. You might notice some soon.

    I might be new, but I do know the basics.

    Its yours, do what you want. I was simply stating my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by prouddad.215 View Post
    yea, I know, but where are you keeping your iphone where dust can get into it? If you are worried about dust with your iphone, you better clean up. Besides, I dont think too much gan get in the speaker holes of the antenna cover let alone the microscopic pinholes poked into the speaker mesh. c'mon
    Besides, do you know what a speaker face looks like? I've taken my iphone apart to upgrade the battery, and seen the speaker while in there. There's no way really to damage it by getting anything on it via those holes.
    I appreciate your worry though
    Thanks for the info. I have never actually manually taken apart the iPhone, so in this case you probably know more than me. How did you upgrade the battery? It seems its the only reason I do not like it, its too short.

    Also it seems the holes on the right are not sound, but its a microphone, correct? I noticed this when using a voice recording app and playing it, when I covered the left, it blocked an enormous amount of sound, but when I covered the right, not much of a difference at all.


    Also nice to meet you both.
    Last edited by HanMan5000; 2008-06-04 at 03:46 AM.
    Simplicity is an amazing thing.

  16. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HanMan5000 View Post
    Just saying. You might notice some soon.

    I might be new, but I do know the basics.

    Its yours, do what you want. I was simply stating my opinion.


    Thanks for the info. I have never actually manually taken apart the iPhone, so in this case you probably know more than me. How did you upgrade the battery? It seems its the only reason I do not like it, its too short.

    Also it seems the holes on the right are not sound, but its a microphone, correct? I noticed this when using a voice recording app and playing it, when I covered the left, it blocked an enormous amount of sound, but when I covered the right, not much of a difference at all.


    Also nice to meet you both.
    yea, well the right side is the mic for talking into,and the left is the speaker.
    Also, i took out the stock battery and replaced it with a 1800 mah one instead. It did this with my old iphone as well, and it lenthens the battery life so it stays charges longer, especially when watching movies, and playing music. Also seems to charge faster. The stock iphone battery is a 1200 mah battery, and the aftermarket one is exact same size and connections, just better.
    3 wires, solder gun, touch wires to unhook from iphone, install new battery, touch 3 wires from new battery to board, and done. No need for solder because whats left after you take the battery is still enough to install the new one. put back together, turn on, and charge.
    By far, rthe best thing I've done to the iphone so far.
    Kit, including tools for iphone disassembly and instructions and battery for $25+-

  17. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Does taking apart the iPhone weaken your case?
    I have never really looked into this but am interested because I remember opening my old Nokia's case once to clean and it never seemed the same afterwards. If I was to look at your iPhone casing would it have no signs of entry?
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

    2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

  18. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    Does taking apart the iPhone weaken your case?
    I have never really looked into this but am interested because I remember opening my old Nokia's case once to clean and it never seemed the same afterwards. If I was to look at your iPhone casing would it have no signs of entry?
    actually, with the correct tools you get w/ the battery, its fine, and if done right, and taken your time, you cant even tell. There are some clips, and screws hidden, and you need to know where they are. I have a video of it done, from start to finish that is awesome, and you will see just how easy it is, once you know the little secrets.
    I will take pics of it with my username, and date, and will post them up tomorrow, and you tell me if you see anything. it looks new, and no marks
    @ all. It is easy to bend, and gouge the metal cover, but thats if you dont know where the clips are.

  19. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    oman i wish i knew how to solder, i would luv for a bigger battery, it would be like a dream come true. But thats the one thing i can not bring myself to do, with this phone, to take it apart. Every phone iv had iv taken apart but i just cant do it to this one. I think is mostly cuz i cant afford a new one. but one day...one day. lol
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-06-04 at 05:25 AM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •