Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [sms] restoring sms.db freezes iPhone

Default [sms] restoring sms.db freezes iPhone
    Hey all, I've been reading for many days on a lot of forums (also this one) for a solution for my problem which I didn't find.
    I come from a 1.1.3 firmware and before restoring and upgrading to 1.1.4 I did a manual backup of all files in /private/var/mobile/Library

Now, when I want to simply overwrite the new sms.db with the old one, everything becomes slow, my iPhone is almost freezing... When I put the new sms.db back it's ok again. It seems to be a compatibility issue?!

So I tried to add my old messages to the new sms.db with SQLite Admin but apparently this is not possible and wouldn't be accepted by the iPhone (hash matter).
    Could this be a permissions problem?

try setting the permissions to 0664

Hey luiz !
    Since I made some other changes too I'm not quite sure if it's the permissions setting which solved the problem, but at least it's working now... thanks !!!
    It was set to 0644 by default.

The problem now is that any read message becomes unread again when I restart the application... How can I solve this?

thanx for ur help theplague but i finally solved the unread no. of sms prob.
    i needed to place 'com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist' in /private/Library/LaunchDaemons' and set its permissions to only '0755' and not '0777'.
    this didn't work, neither did the "Fix Permissions" from Bossprefs
    Last edited by mrsplinter; 2008-06-02 at 02:53 PM.