Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am getting tired of my iPhone

Banned
    Thanks

Default I am getting tired of my iPhone
    Let me get started by saying i LOVE my iPhone...greates peice of technology i have ever owned. But.....its just to much work. It is unlocked and it is jailbroken but i just hate the fact that i have to wait a month before i can update and people come out with a way to jailbreak and unlock again...and i hate how i have to hold my breath everytime i restore and update and jailbreak cuz i dont want to **** up a $400 peice of eqipment. I have unlocked and jailbroken over 5 iPhones now and love making the money by selling them but im just loosing interest in the buisness and the phone itself....i can use email and music on any other phone these days....and i am always so perenoid about keeping my screen clean so the touch screen doesn't really blow me away. I just wish apple never signed the contract with AT&T....i am not gunna switch my carriers cuz i have a family plan with T-Mobile so switching to AT&T doesnt help me. So im thinking about selling my iPhone to my dad and getting the T-Mobile Wing (pretty sweet phone if u ask me) and let him deal with all the crap about updating and jailbreaking and unlocking.

Am i going through a fase or am i not gunna snap out of this??? somebody please bring my faith back up

EDIT:Ok...i need to refrase this. I think tired of my iPhone is the wrong word...i just sometime think it would be easier to have a T-Mobile smartphone and not have to hassle with all the new software updates
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2007-11-25 at 10:03 PM.

Just spend the 1400 on the Truly unlocked iPhone

Banned
    Thanks

the one from germany?

Banned
    Thanks

haha....i dont have that kind of money....well i mean i do...but im not gunna waste it on that though...haha, nice idea though

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I didnt really read the whole thread but I have to say that ur being an *** and its really not fair the way u r complaining... the Dev Team members are busting their a*ses off so u can have a better device. and the simply dont have to do it. IMO u should be grateful.
    secondly, u dont have to mess around with it too much, jailbreak and unlock... u have installer .. get what u want and dont mess with it so u wont need to restore..
    thats all.

No need for the hostility. I think that if you don't want to put up with the hassle of hacking to upgrade and unlock then just get another phone. The iPhone is a beautiful peice of art, but if he's on tmo and and doesn't want the hassle, then go with whatever tmo phone you like.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    I didnt really read the whole thread but I have to say that ur being an *** and its really not fair the way u r complaining... the Dev Team members are busting their a*ses off so u can have a better device. and the simply dont have to do it. IMO u should be grateful.
    secondly, u dont have to mess around with it too much, jailbreak and unlock... u have installer .. get what u want and dont mess with it so u wont need to restore.. :
    thats all.
    wow....calm down. If it wasn't for the dev team i wouldn't even be here right now. I am very appreciative (i wouldnt say grateful cuz it sounds like im bowing down to them) of their work. I am not complaining...im just saying i am tired of the hassle with it, sorry to bother u...u can go jack off to ur iPhone now

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I understand your concerns. This is the only phone on the planet that is this big of a pain in the azz, and that is the territory that comes with an apple product. It basically comes down to corporate greed and a severe control issue that apple has wanting to play daddy.

However it is the territory you chose so either you are with it or not. One thing is for certain, nothing is going to change in the future. This struggle will go on forever just like it has on the PSP. If you are unwilling to deal with the hassles I'd just sell the phone because nothing is changing from here forward.

The devs always win, but Apple is not going to give up the fight so either bail out or stick your nose back to the grind stone and roll with it.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I understand your concerns. This is the only phone on the planet that is this big of a pain in the azz, and that is the territory that comes with an apple product. It basically comes down to corporate greed and a severe control issue that apple has wanting to play daddy.

However it is the territory you chose so either you are with it or not. One thing is for certain, nothing is going to change in the future. This struggle will go on forever just like it has on the PSP. If you are unwilling to deal with the hassles I'd just sell the phone because nothing is changing from here forward
    The devs always win, but Apple is not going to give up the fight so either bail out or stick your nose back to the grind stone and roll with it.
    Thanx a lot...this is what i was lookign for. I think i will stick it out and not quit, as long as the dev team doesn't

Default I feel the exact same way.
    I've had this iphone since i first got the day it came out. Its the most trusted and useful device i own even more than my hp laptop. I am getting really bored of it though. I've jailbroken it and got prob the best themes and games but their only so much you can do. But if i do sell it thats when i'll realize how useful it actually was. So just stick with it until a new iphone comes out (not the 3gs) in summer of 2010 i'm hoping.