Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new iphone, please help

Default new iphone, please help
    so i just bought an iphone off of my friend. my att contract right now, is that i have 1,500 anythime minutes. BUT i have no media access and no texting. i just want to use this as a phone to call and nothing more as far as media. and i dont want to have to go through cingular to get it working as far as making call. my question is, what can i do to make it possible to put my sim card into the iphone and be able to call people? can i unlock it and then do this? please help.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes jailbreak and unlock. also i would look for a guide seeing i havnt unlocked my phone. but i know people unlock on att. My question is why would you want an iphone if your going to just use it as a phone. seems a lil assi9 to me, but to each his own i geuss
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Actually, you dont need to unlock it at all. Just jailbreak it and activate it. No need to unlock it.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Actually, you dont need to unlock it at all. Just jailbreak it and activate it. No need to unlock it.
    He wants to call with it,so if he uses AT&T,that does NOT mean,that it is an iPhone contract.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh im pretty sure you need to unlock if you are not signing up for the iphone plan
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Do not use Ziphone for unocking,use iLiberty/iDemocracy though....

thanks guys, i used i leberty, i had my ipod ouch stolen at school. i went to class pissed, it was a new 32g ipod touch, well i filed a school police report and went to class and broke my phone out of anger,(stupid, i know) anyways i was thinking about getting the iphone anyways, its just annoing to carry and ipod and a phone, so now it made sense, i need an ipod touch and a phone......iphone! so i was able to buy one that was used with 1hr. and 57min. of talk time in its life. the guy had bought it and then his company was giving them to all of its employers. so he also needed to pay rent and only needed $100, so i got a brand new iphone, no scratches, and the charger wasnt even unwrapped out of the clear wrap. for $100. it was an 8g though, so i had to cut my choice of music a little small seing how i have like 35,000 songs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morgangibb View Post
    so i just bought an iphone off of my friend. my att contract right now, is that i have 1,500 anythime minutes. BUT i have no media access and no texting. i just want to use this as a phone to call and nothing more as far as media. and i dont want to have to go through cingular to get it working as far as making call. my question is, what can i do to make it possible to put my sim card into the iphone and be able to call people? can i unlock it and then do this? please help.
    easy. If you cannot get out of yout at$t contract right away, jailbreak/unlock the iphone, and buy a tmobile prepaid sim card off ebay. Then you can use that until at$t contract is up. I bought an xtra prepaid sim for $14.99 for my blackberry for work with 150 minutes, and all ya gotta do is add minutes every 2 months or so. The minutes roll over as well. The sim cards work awesome.
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies