Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: difference between 4 gb iphone and other models Need answer fast

Default difference between 4 gb iphone and other models Need answer fast
    I remember seeing some place that there were some problems with the 4 gb iphones, compared to the other models. I this true and if so what are the differences.

I have a friend that wants to sell me a brand new 4 gb iphone (still in box) that he won in a contest for 200... But I need to act fast. If there are major disadvantages with the 4 gb I'd just wait and buy a newer model, but for 200 It's damn tempting.

sorry I'm sure this has been posted/asked but i'm in a hurry.

thanks

Thanks

You're in a hurry? Nice. 1-post wonder demanding instant attention. Super.

Just buy the phone and stop acting like a girl's blouse
    To live, you have to lie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

eclipticrider (2008-06-02)

whoa, thanks for the sarcastic demeaning response buddy, I don't care if it was my first post or thousandth, I asked nicely and didn't demand anything. you my friend need to work on you people skills.

I was going to get it but he already sold it, some friend huh... all well, I was trying to wait to see what second gen has to offer and if it's nothing to great for me then I'll pick up a first gen from some one thats upgrading...

thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by eclipticrider; 2008-06-02 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

hahahahah have you read any of RedCards posts. hahah hes just a grump hahahaha grumpy old men style
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    hahahahah have you read any of RedCards posts. hahah hes just a grump hahahaha grumpy old men style
    No I haven't or at least haven't noticed, I think I'll read a bit.

thanks,
    cappy
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

I have no experience with the 4gb model, but I guess it is just the same as the 8gb but just with half the storage capacity. The OS structure should be the same and it should still run the latest firmware (1.1.4), but it would have been one of the very first iPhones produced, and given the latest 3g version is around the corner $200 bucks is very expensive for a used 4gb, I wouldn't put more then $100 to a 4gb, there are plenty of 8gb versions on fleabay for that or less on once the 3g is available the 8gb edge versions price will drop like a stone.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

eclipticrider (2008-06-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    I have no experience with the 4gb model, but I guess it is just the same as the 8gb but just with half the storage capacity. The OS structure should be the same and it should still run the latest firmware (1.1.4), but it would have been one of the very first iPhones produced, and given the latest 3g version is around the corner $200 bucks is very expensive for a used 4gb, I wouldn't put more then $100 to a 4gb, there are plenty of 8gb versions on fleabay for that or less on once the 3g is available the 8gb edge versions price will drop like a stone.
    yea, thats what I thought. I just could have sworn that I read somewhere that there was some kind of problem that the 4 gig faced over the newer released iphones (i think it was hardware not software, and not storage limitations)... all well it's gone anyways...

My plan has been to wait till the next iphones come out to either buy a new one if it suited me or get a used/old one for cheap...

we'll se how that goes. but if you know anyone local to tampa florida selling an iphone for a good price leme know (I only deal in person, been burned too many time with online deals)
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)