Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone crashing...looking for help!

Default iphone crashing...looking for help!
    hi folks,

i have a problem with my iphone. it has been jailbroken and unlocked with ziphone..running 1.1.4 firmware...working fine without problems for a number of weeks now.

in the last couple of days, its been crashing..

occasionally, when i go into phone settings, it crashes before it loads the menu up..all i can do is turn it off.

to make things worse, this morning, when i got a call, it crashed as i touched the answer button..i was left with the callers number on the screen. the phone wouldnt respond to any commands, not even the power off button...so i had to leave it (with the screen lit, looking like a call was coming through) until the battery died.

it happened again while charging, i had to leave it until the battery flattened until i could restart it.

any suggestions?

also, what can i do about battery replacement? i have to charge the phone every day..and im not a heavy user!

Quote Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
    hi folks,

i have a problem with my iphone. it has been jailbroken and unlocked with ziphone..running 1.1.4 firmware...working fine without problems for a number of weeks now.

in the last couple of days, its been crashing..

occasionally, when i go into phone settings, it crashes before it loads the menu up..all i can do is turn it off.

to make things worse, this morning, when i got a call, it crashed as i touched the answer button..i was left with the callers number on the screen. the phone wouldnt respond to any commands, not even the power off button...so i had to leave it (with the screen lit, looking like a call was coming through) until the battery died.

it happened again while charging, i had to leave it until the battery flattened until i could restart it.

any suggestions?

also, what can i do about battery replacement? i have to charge the phone every day..and im not a heavy user!
    Restore back to 1.1.4 and jailbreak,activate and unlock with iliberty.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

thesharkfactor (2008-06-01)

thanks..i'll try that!