Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen Not Recognizing Touch! Please Help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Screen Not Recognizing Touch! Please Help!
    after recently upgrading to 1.1.4 from 1.0.2, there is a space on my phone that wont recognize my touch....its located around the call and backspace button when you have the keypad open...im wondering if im screwed or if it has something to do with the recent upgrade...if anyone knows anything please let me know

A friend of mine at work had a simlar problem with a "dead" section of his screen in the same place you're describing. His was also jailbroken. So perhaps its not a totally unique problem you have with your iphone. I cant offer any technical advice on the issue. But I can tell you that my friends was still covered under warranty, and he restored and took his back and got a new one.

So if yours is still covered, and all else fails...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you happen to know how long the warranty is? ive had it about 9 months now

Try re-jail breaking it. Cant do much harm It might be a software error

ads

I think it's 1 year.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

att is gonna know im not a customer when they ask me information and see that ive had the phone for 9 months and never activated with att...thats where im stuck

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

there is a one year hardware warrenty form apple. and iv been reading that alot of the first phones relesed have been having the dead parts of the touch screen, so i dont think you will have any problems gettin replaced
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

iTek (2008-06-10)

Thanks

Finally, an answer I can work with. I am on an 8gb 1.1.3 jailbroken origianal phone and all was working great until yesterday. I removed my phone from its charge and began my normal routine. As I was about to send a email to a friend, I found that I was unable to. The top area below the status bar was dead. Before I took any drastic measures, I decided to look here and finally found others with the same problem. Its crazy because this phone has had some punishment over its 10 month tenure with me and it just decides to give out over night with no physical signs of trouble. I can still use the phone for the most part just not that portion of the screen. I mean I am using it now to reply here.

LOL sorry for the long drawn out post but I thought I was lost for a bit. Now should I wait for 3G to come or just replace with a refurb? We'll see.
    No day like today

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

well they cant jailbreak the phone as of yet and ,ost of the apps wont work on new phone so its up to you
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!